UMP Feature Request

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Morgan Gold

UMP Feature Request

PostThu Apr 19, 2018 9:49 pm

Hey.

Feel free to direct me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

During any given shoot, it's not uncommon for me to switch between codecs, resolutions and frame rates. Say I'm shooting RAW 4.6k 24fps and I'm required to shoot some higher frame-rate stuff, I'll change resolution and/or codec accordingly.

My request is: It would be a pretty big time saver for the off-speed frame rate of a given codec/resolution to be remembered whenever you choose a new one. For example: I set 1080 RAW off-speed FR to 120fps. Finish the shot, and switch back to 4.6k RAW 24fps. I'd like it if when I go back to 1080 RAW, the camera remembers the 120fps I had set and not default back to 60fps as it does now.

Make sense?
Does it exist in some other setting?

Thanks!
2021 16-inch M1-Max MacBook Pro

Donnell Henry

Re: UMP Feature Request

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 3:36 am

Morgan you can create presets for shooting. Set your camera to whatever codec, frame rate iso etc.. click on the menu button and scroll right to presets. Create and name a preset for what you just did on your camera. To create another preset..simply change the settings again on your camera to what you want, scroll to preset and name and create a second preset. To bring up the preset you want just scroll to presets click on one of the presets you created and it will set the camera to that setting you created in your preset. So you can create 120fps 2k raw preset. Then create 4.6k raw 24fps preset click on one of them and you will have the setting you created
GODS CREATE

Morgan Gold

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 5:37 am

Ah!

That’s perfect!
I should have figured that out.

Thanks!
2021 16-inch M1-Max MacBook Pro

Robert Niessner

PostFri Apr 20, 2018 8:55 am

The problem with the presets for me is, that it also overrides the white balance. So you lose your currently set auto WB and have to do it again.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Return to Cinematography