Lexar is not dead.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Benjamin Brown

Lexar is not dead.

PostTue May 22, 2018 3:41 pm

I've had two Lexar CFast cards (256GB - 3400x) die on me during shoots. They were both bought when the cards first came out ($1500 ea.).

When I was at NAB, I spoke to Lexar and informed them that many people have had issues with their cards and believed Lexar to be dead. They told me they were bought by another company and have been joining with the new owner and there is a plan to release new CFast cards in the near future. Not easy to pull off when people are not happy with your customer service and/or brand.

After I left the booth, within 15 minutes I received a phone call from their Support Department and they wanted to take care of my card issue.

Skipping to the important part, I received my two new replacement cards today (256GB - 3500x).

If anyone has issues with their cards:

http://www.lexar.com/support

Note: They do have requirements to show proof of purchase, etc.
Last edited by Benjamin Brown on Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

James_Westlake

Re: Lexar is not dead.

PostTue May 22, 2018 9:19 pm

I’ve always had great customer service from lexar, I had problems with cards and immediately got sent two brand new cards, technically the model up (2500x instead of the 2400x I had) within a couple of days. And since then my cards have been perfect, no issues at all. So I’m glad to hear they’re back personally!
www.jameswestlake.co.uk
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6235043/

Ivon Visalli

Re: Lexar is not dead.

PostTue May 22, 2018 11:21 pm

I own 4 Lexars which I bought over the past 2 years. I use them with my Ursa Mini 4.6K often and have never had problems with them recording. I have had issues with readers, but never lost data, only had to use another reader or reconnect the USB.

Return to Cinematography