Multi-cam videos - SlingStudio?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

westats

Multi-cam videos - SlingStudio?

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am

Hello everyone. I'm completely new here & a video novice. Thanks for the add anyway.

I've recently acquired a near-new Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera & am hoping to use that in conjunction with my Pentax K-70 for multi-cam videos. Maybe when funds permit I would add 1 or 2 more cameras.

One nice feature in Davinci Resolve is the multi-cam capability, but I find the track syncing a challenge - especially if I rely on audio when the cameras are separated a bit. What solutions are working for other members that don't cost an arm & a leg? Timecode would be nice, but at present only BMMCC is compatible.

Second part of my question Is re "SlingStudio" which I came across in the course of doing some research. It seems to be aimed at the semi-pro market & occasional users - and especially focused on streaming capability. The wireless connectivity looks nice though. Downside seems to be the proprietary nature of the system, albeit files are MP4 & M4A. Their FAQs suggest they do NOT use genlock to synchronize audio and video and instead use "proprietary techniques" to assure the best synchronization of inputs possible. Has anybody used the hardware/ system and what has been your experience?

Return to Cinematography