Vesuvius Shot on Bmpc 4K and Ursa v1

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Donnell Henry

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 7:16 pm

Hey guys I wanted to share with you the teaser for my movie Vesuvius, a science fiction short. Shot on the Bmpc 4K, Ursa v1 and Bmcc. I shot this movie on my own with the help of a friend that captured sound. I learned so much while shooting this film. It was the first film I shot, and boy did I make mistakes. Thankfully I had guys like Rick, JB and others here on the forum that continuously offer great advice. This forum was invaluable in that it provided me knowledge in the things I was ignorant in when it came to filming. So thank you guys. It took 3 and half years to accomplish. A very difficult endeavor when you’re the Director, Dp, editor, colorist, VFX artist music composer, gaffer, gofer..I could go on :) But it was also a very rewarding experience. Thank you to BM for listening to its customers (Most of the time ahem! Ursa turret) and for making great tools that are affordable so people such as myself can create something out of nothing.
I hope you guys enjoy the teaser.
The film is now submitted to film festivals. Hopefully I can post back in the coming months with good news on the festival circuit

Vesuvius teaser:
GODS CREATE

rick.lang

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 2:21 pm

R-E-S-P-E-C-T S-Q-U-A-R-E-D !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Denny Smith

Re: Vesuvius Shot on Bmpc 4K and Ursa v1

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Excellent, and what a Rick said!
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Donnell Henry

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 5:21 pm

Awww you guys. :) Thank you
GODS CREATE

Howard Roll

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 pm

Shots and the VFX are great, what happened with the VO?

Donnell Henry

PostThu Jul 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Howard, thank you my friend. Can you elaborate on the VO Question. If you mean it stops at a certain point :) That’s deliberate Ha ha! It’s actual dialogue from the film. Don’t want to give away to much
GODS CREATE

Howard Roll

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 8:29 am

The very first thing I hear sounds like two guys having a conversation in the bathroom and the female VO is hitting the limit pretty hard. You might want to give it another listen, then again too many years in the music industry has probably trashed my ear bones.

Good Luck

Donnell Henry

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Howard Roll wrote:The very first thing I hear sounds like two guys having a conversation in the bathroom and the female VO is hitting the limit pretty hard. You might want to give it another listen, then again too many years in the music industry has probably trashed my ear bones.

Good Luck

Ha! No your ears do not deceive you..pretty good on the hearing. Yes they’re in an empty room. And she is hitting the limit on certain words. It seems on certain systems it sound Normal and on others there’s a peak.

Thank you
GODS CREATE

Return to Cinematography