BMPCC4K can we please get sample footage already?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

John Paines

Re: BMPCC4K can we please get sample footage already?

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Rick, I thought it was more a Zen-type query, myself. You know, like, dude, what's the sound of one-handed clapping, or dude, can someone please stop that one-handed gimbal from clapping?

If the BMPCC 4K is unduly late, BMD could always throw in a custom, reverse-bill baseball hat for all the tubers who rush to post poorly shot, incompetently graded log footage. The reverse design could make the BMD logo hard to see, but it could ship with an ink stamp or a stencil for the forehead.

From your picture it looks like you might be wearing a universal adapter, which of course leaves less room for error, though you'd have the print the logo all over the damn thing.
Last edited by John Paines on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leon Benzakein

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

John Paines wrote:you may find yourself asking the gods in exasperation, why can't the bugger just walk in a straight line for a few seconds?

John, please tell us that the gods have never answered you.
As for the backwards cap, how else is one supposed to keep the sunglasses on the back of the head?

The last time we were waiting for a BMD release Matt Damon was stuck on mars, now he has been downsized. Maybe Jimmy Kimmel is correct. Matt Damon is bad luck.

Rick, I'll meet you at the sanatorium. I will be taking Lyft. No need for pickup.

Bring on the empty horses.
Long live the BMPCC.
Television: Lighting/Cameraman, O.B. Camera Operator, Experience in EFP, EPG and ENG , Grip, Lamp Operator
Film: Grip, Lamp Operator
Theater: Lighting Designer, Light board Operator, Stage Electrician, Stage Management

rick.lang

PostMon Aug 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Crazy is the new normal! But we’re not going until our resident physicist is on board.

He seems to missing but in reality he’s been here all along, just vacationing in another dimension. His theory is akin to time travel as he hopes to snatch the BMPCC4K before John Brawley has had time to do the requisite launch video. The fact that I haven’t seen the launch video may prove that it does not exist because Anatoly was successful! He should be here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

davorin

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 6:33 am

This looks nice (o;

DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.1.2, Intensity Pro 4K
macOS 10.15.2: i7-7700, 32GB RAM, RX 5700 XT 8GB
Debian 10/Windows 10 Pro: Threadripper 1950X, 64GB RAM, 2 * RTX2080TI
Previous

Return to Cinematography