lens mount for the BlackMagicPocketCC 4k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

mastrojm

lens mount for the BlackMagicPocketCC 4k

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi everybody,
This is my first post in your forum.
I'm really interested by the brand new BMPCC 4k. I'm a Canon (and Nikon) owner. So i wish to use my Canon lenses. I saw a lot of differents lens mount adapters. Does the Metabones T Speed Booster XL 0.64x Adapter for Full-Frame Canon EF-Mount Lens to Select Micro Four Thirds-Mount Cameras will be ok for the BMPCC 4k or other ? At this price i want to be shure.
Thanks a lot for your answers. :D :D
Jm Mastronardi

Denny Smith

Re: lens mount for the BlackMagicPocketCC 4k

PostTue Aug 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Yes, BM was using the Metabones Speed Booster XL at NAB. That said, the XL will only work with full frame lenses, not APS-C lenses like the Sigma 18-35. However the Uktra model, (0.71) I find is a better conversion ratio, and will work with both full frame and APS-C lenses.

However, you may want to wait until the camera is released before buying a Speed Booster, as Metabones might end up coming out with a specific SB formthr new Pocket 4K, but this is up in the air.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

mastrojm

Re: lens mount for the BlackMagicPocketCC 4k

PostWed Aug 15, 2018 8:46 am

Thanks a lot for your answer Denny Smith
I have only full frame canon lenses ( 24-105 f4 70-200 f4 is ) it won’t be a problem
My final aim is to film macro With the BMPCC 4K. I have 100 mm is 2.8 and the great mpe 65 mm.
I was wondering if the mpe 65 was fitting on the Metabones adapter ? Filming aunts in 4K should be marvelous.
Thanks

Return to Cinematography