The lack of shipping

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Luke Armstrong

The lack of shipping

PostFri May 03, 2013 8:34 pm

So I hear that since NAB no 2.5k EF cameras have shipped to the UK despite BMD's promises that things are now ramping up.

I opted not to order the 4k camera, because I simply do not have any faith in BMD's ability to deliver on time given my experience. Its almost been a year for me since my original order (June 8th), I now have 3 orders spread across different companies, and still no camera! Amazing. I'll never preorder anything again.

Let this be a warning to those who have just heard about the BMCC in it's various forms and may be thinking of ordering - you could be in for a long wait!

BMD - you've let everyone down again, and again, and again. I honestly don't know how you're still here?
Luke Armstrong - Digital Compositor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4274789/

Coralio Ballester

Re: The lack of shipping

PostFri May 03, 2013 11:09 pm

They just don't care about us

Dennis Nomer

PostSat May 04, 2013 12:57 am

Luke, why don't you just order from Adorama (in the US)?

My friend Phil, after waiting weeks (nothing like the months I waited) for something from a local reseller here in California, he placed an order with Adorama to gain another channel option. Get this: WITHIN 18 HOURS, they shipped his camera!! It took a week to come across the US, but that is pretty darned fast!! This was near NAB 2013, and some cancellations helped him, but it illustrates the EXTREME difference in resellers.

Resellers tend to get their stock based on when they ordered, and how many they ordered. I am not sure about all of the relevant factors, but I know that Adorama ordered a lot (I heard 300) AT NAB 2012, which is the earliest possible ordering time. They have been delivering cameras pretty well. I got mine from them in February. There is even a thread on it here. Get your camera.
Dennis Nomer

Rakesh Malik

PostSat May 04, 2013 1:50 am

coralio1 wrote:They just don't care about us

It's becoming increasingly difficult to disagree with that.
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Lorenzo Straight

PostSat May 04, 2013 5:10 am

Do yourself a favor and order from, Adorama!
MSI GS60 Ghost Pro-4K-605-2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-5700HQ (Broadwell)-16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM-1TB 7200 rpm HDD + 128GB M.2 SSD-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU (6GB GDDR5)-15.6" UHD + 4K IPS Display-3840 x 2160
-Windows 8.1

Rakesh Malik

PostSat May 04, 2013 5:19 am

Lorenzo Straight wrote:Do yourself a favor and order from, Adorama!

If the cameras aren't shipping then what use is it to order from another vendor?
Rakesh Malik
System:
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Jace Ross

PostSat May 04, 2013 5:21 am

Tamerlin wrote:
Lorenzo Straight wrote:Do yourself a favor and order from, Adorama!

If the cameras aren't shipping then what use is it to order from another vendor?

Not shipping to the UK vendors, so order from the states and get one sent over sooner.

There's a few stores that claim to have 2.5k EF's in stock in Australia.
BMPCC, FD Canon 28mm f2.8, Tokina 80-200mm F4, Tamron 70-300mm f4 C Canon J6x12 MFT SLR Magic 17mm T1.6, Sigma 19mm f2.8, Samyang 7.5mm f3.5
Rode VideoMic, Viewfactor Cage/Handle/Grip/Perspex backing

Rakesh Malik

PostSat May 04, 2013 5:25 am

lunchbox651 wrote:Not shipping to the UK vendors, so order from the states and get one sent over sooner.

There's a few stores that claim to have 2.5k EF's in stock in Australia.

I'm not interested in getting a camera that I can't use with my current lenses.
Rakesh Malik
System:
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

David Regenthal

PostSat May 04, 2013 6:11 am

I knew it . . . here we go (or are) again.

It's become a heck of a lot more aggravating wading through pages of the same old complaints by a handful of trolls than it actually is waiting for the camera . . .

I come here because I'd like to discuss, and hear from the folks that actually have the camera in the "Cinematography" section.

Am I the only one that thinks its time to split this stuff off to its own "crybabies" section?

"They just don't care about us."

OMG, does anyone have an extra "boo hoo" rag I can borrow? Really!
Windows 11 Pro
ASUSTek PRIME B660-PLUS D4 (LGA1700)
Intel i9-12900KF
128GB, nVidia RTX 4000
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB (x3)

Jace Ross

PostSat May 04, 2013 7:24 am

dregenthal wrote:I knew it . . . here we go (or are) again.

It's become a heck of a lot more aggravating wading through pages of the same old complaints by a handful of trolls than it actually is waiting for the camera . . .

I come here because I'd like to discuss, and hear from the folks that actually have the camera in the "Cinematography" section.

Am I the only one that thinks its time to split this stuff off to its own "crybabies" section?

This, oh god, this!
BMPCC, FD Canon 28mm f2.8, Tokina 80-200mm F4, Tamron 70-300mm f4 C Canon J6x12 MFT SLR Magic 17mm T1.6, Sigma 19mm f2.8, Samyang 7.5mm f3.5

Coralio Ballester

PostSat May 04, 2013 8:06 am

lunchbox651 wrote:

This, oh god, this!

There are other threads that meet your taste better. The title of this one suggests what it is about. And given the circumstances, and that Europe is not receiving cameras from the very beginning, I feel so legitimate to say what I think is the truth, even if I am wrong. Now, this is not a matter of sensors that they cannot handle. It is just that they don't want to ship here. Many customers are waiting here one year without the camera, while most from US received theirs. I a, not a troll. I am a disappointed customer, and I just complain, I don't cry. Now, if I am wrong, please someone make me change my mind about BM.

Margus Voll

PostSat May 04, 2013 8:19 am

We have got one camera here from uk but it was ordered the day they were announced.

So the amount of orders makes a difference in time also.

Then it seems like US gets more but maybe they just ordered on day one some 3000 units maybe?

We just can speculate and get emotional but we do not
have facts to relay on so in my mind it is just speculation still.

I ordered in august it has not arrived but i have still smiling face :D

I know what i'm waiting for and why.
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

Jace Ross

PostSat May 04, 2013 8:27 am

coralio1 wrote:
lunchbox651 wrote:

This, oh god, this!

There are other threads that meet your taste better. The title of this one suggests what it is about. And given the circumstances, and that Europe is not receiving cameras from the very beginning, I feel so legitimate to say what I think is the truth, even if I am wrong. Now, this is not a matter of sensors that they cannot handle. It is just that they don't want to ship here. Many customers are waiting here one year without the camera, while most from US received theirs. I a, not a troll. I am a disappointed customer, and I just complain, I don't cry. Now, if I am wrong, please someone make me change my mind about BM.

My apologies, I mistook this for the Cinematography section.

If you really are upset and curious where your camera is, call +44(0) 1565 830049 (europe BMD office). Posting on a forum does nothing but fill it with empty posts that aren't going to help any individual, just makes it more difficult for anyone who wants to talk about anything else.

Coralio Ballester

PostSat May 04, 2013 8:38 am

I will go on doing what I think is right. You may continue telling other people what to do. The title of this thread is "The lack of Shipping", which is compatible with the Cinematography section, which was created for all BM cameras related discussions. And you enter this thread, like a troll (this is my last reply, you have the last word) to complain without reason about people who complain with some reason. You could be more constructive by trying to explain why BM ignores the EU.

BTW, thanks for the phone number. And for the little time it took you to find it. I will not call for obvious reasons. But you can do it for all of us. I prefer to express myself here, from time to time, whenever I like.

Jace Ross

PostSat May 04, 2013 8:46 am

coralio1 wrote:I will go on doing what I think is right. You may continue telling other people what to do. The title of this thread is "The lack of Shipping", which is compatible with the Cinematography section, which was created for all BM cameras related discussions. And you enter this thread, like a troll (this is my last reply, you have the last word) to complain without reason about people who complain with some reason. You could be more constructive by trying to explain why BM ignores the EU.

BTW, thanks for the phone number. And for the little time it took you to find it. I will not call for obvious reasons. But you can do it for all of us. I prefer to express myself here, from time to time, whenever I like.

Nice "Thanks for the suggestions but I'll ignore them because I prefer complaining" post.

I don't work for BMD, I can't tell you why they haven't shipped. I can speculate but what good does that do? Maybe they think you are all jerks. Does that help? I see this so often, people willing to do the easy option and whinge online about anything but none of them are willing to take an extra step to get a better answer.

I don't think I'll call an EU number from Australia, bit of a stretch, mate.

Fulgencio Martínez

PostSat May 04, 2013 1:04 pm

forum rules are:

use real name
don´t go off-topic

This thread is about lack of shipping, i think it can be easy to understand why people write on it about the lack of shipping.
No one forces you to read it.
There are 1480 topics at the moment were you can find the info you are looking for.
There is a search box on top that might help you.
If you can not find the proper thread, start one yourself.

Luke Armstrong

PostSat May 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Your opinion about the majority of people on here who do not yet have their camera is duly noted, dregenthal... Clearly you're not interested in this topic, so why concern yourself with it? There are plenty of other threads, or perhaps you could start your own. By creating all this friction on this thread, you've actually taken us off topic and forced other users to wade through pages of dibble - which is exactly what you were complaining about.

Thanks for the suggestions about Adorama guys, does anyone know if there are any warranty issues with that? I'm also a little nervous about possible import duty. Even more frustrating is that I am 5th in line at one seller, below 10 at the second, and below 10 at CVP - although I have now cancelled my order from them.

David Regenthal

PostSat May 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Hey look fellas . . . I'm not singling anyone out (so if the shoe fits, wear it, otherwise, "move along, nothing to see here").

My singular point is, despite the fact that this thread is entitled "the lack of shipping" (which, essentially, is addressed in nearly every other thread without regard to title), is, is it really necessary to poison every single thread in the Cinematography section with this nonsense?

I mean, don't you think that everyone is as disappointed as you are? If so, my question is, what's the xxxx-ing point in whining every single change you get . . . simply because you can? Bravo!

I think if enough adults in the room began to sound off in regard to having to put up with, for example, people who say they're going to say what they're going to say, even when their wrong that maybe . . . just maybe, BlackMagic will do what they should have done a year ago and either create a cry-babies section or just ban the trolls completely.

We all understand the problem.
No one has the facts.
Yet it's easier for some to bitch about it (constantly), then to offer up anything constructive.
If my voicing an opinion on this disturbs you then you are kinda getting an inkling of how many of us might feel about your invading every thread with your whining.

Perhaps I'm overstating here but I think folks should speak up--no matter which side of the issue they're on. I'll leave it with you as I have no great desire to debate the issue further . . . was simply attempting to raise the issue.

Best.
Windows 11 Pro
ASUSTek PRIME B660-PLUS D4 (LGA1700)
Intel i9-12900KF
128GB, nVidia RTX 4000
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB (x3)

Luke Armstrong

PostSat May 04, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't see any other active threads about the current shipping rate for 2.5k EF cameras to the UK (or lack of it, for the past month) so I created this one. If that does not affect you, you don't care or have nothing to say about the issue, please don't muddle the thread. There's no need to make this such a hostile place for people trying to draw attention to a genuine problem by attacking anyone who says something you don't want to read - and name calling is out of order.

João Gomes

PostSat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm

If you don't care for the "lack of shipping for the EU" then move along, nothing to see here. Find a post you're interested in and read it.

Regarding the lack of shipping for the EU, i've also ordered from CVP but i'm considering ordering from Adorama and and have it sent over this way. I'm just concerned about shipping costs and taxes...
Cameraman/Editor

HelenOster

PostSun May 05, 2013 8:11 am

Luke Armstrong wrote:.....
Thanks for the suggestions about Adorama guys, does anyone know if there are any warranty issues with that? I'm also a little nervous about possible import duty. Even more frustrating is that I am 5th in line at one seller, below 10 at the second, and below 10 at CVP - although I have now cancelled my order from them.

My suggestion would be to ensure you purchase an International extended warranty at the same time.

For import duties into the UK, check here: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPort ... mport_Home
Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
Helen@adorama.com

metaljesus

PostSun May 05, 2013 1:30 pm

You will absolutely have to pay import duty into the UK.

CVP claims they ordered 200+ units within hours of the original announcement. They so far have not started shipping orders from June 2012. I ordered November 2012 and was order 150.

I canceled my CVP order and bought through a friend living in Japan where pretty much all of the resellers have the camera in stock.

Return to Cinematography