ssd recorder glitch? overheating?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Linell Roy

ssd recorder glitch? overheating?

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 2:17 pm

has anyone ever experienced while shooting, using the ssd recorder will glitch by saying there's no ssd the goes back to normal. then it happens every so often. even while recording at times will be fine then suddenly says no card. sometimes will freeze the camera and i have to remove the battery to restart. the ssd starts to to get warm and i have to switch cards?

this has been happening more often. the ssd's are approved as i been using for a while and i also have no problem when im using the cfast breakout cable.

frustrating and about to rma camera but dont want to wait a month for return.

thoughts??
IG @DatGuyESEF

AdrianSierkowski

Re: ssd recorder glitch? overheating?

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 3:16 pm

It is possible the SSD itself is on it's way out-- as you say you've been using it for awhile.
Perhaps run the SSD proper through a repair format on a computer but honestly I'd probably just buy a new SSD.
Adrian Sierkowski
Director of Photography
http://www.adriansierkowski.com
adrian@adriansierkowski.com

Linell Roy

Re: ssd recorder glitch? overheating?

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 3:49 pm

i thought that but there's no problem when im using the cfast to sata cable. then i thought could be battery or plate but problem still consist when plugged in. doesnt seem like a short in recorder sdi cable. just randomly. after 15-20 mins of use it problem will stop . idk either ssd recorder itself or camera
IG @DatGuyESEF

Return to Cinematography