Compatible adapter for Ursa mini pro ef camera

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Asok Kumar

Compatible adapter for Ursa mini pro ef camera

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Does anyone know about the Fotodox arri pl mount to canon ef mounted camera for Ursa mini pro Ef mount camera,iam having a canon cn-e 14.5-60 mm t/2.6 pl mount lens, can it be adapted to my Ursa mini pro Ef mount camera by using the Fotodox arri pl to canon ef mount adapter,if I buy a new black magic Ursa mini pro PL mount adapter ,I have to remove the default ef mount from the Ursa mini pro and attaching the pl mount, so if anyone knows it, regards Dr asok

michaeldhead

Re: Compatible adapter for Ursa mini pro ef camera

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 1:40 pm

If you have a Pro, you can get the PL mount and mount the lens directly onto the camera.

Start on page 147.

http://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/C ... df#page147
Michael D Head
www.michaeldhead.com
producer/writer/director/DP

Denny Smith

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 3:52 pm

As Michael said, get the correct BM PL mount. The Fotodox adapter will likely not work with mist PL lenses, it only worked with a few vintage Angenieux and Zeiss zooms, that we’re not retrofocus. ;)
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

michaeldhead

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Asok Kumar wrote:,if I buy a new black magic Ursa mini pro PL mount adapter ,I have to remove the default ef mount from the Ursa mini pro and attaching the pl mount, so if anyone knows it, regards Dr asok

Why do you not want to use the BMD PL mount? It is made for the Ursa Mini Pro, and you can remove the PL mount and put the EF mount back on when you need it. It does not replace the mount permanently.
Michael D Head
www.michaeldhead.com
producer/writer/director/DP

Denny Smith

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 7:50 pm

Yes, it only takes a few minutes to switch them around and you get spare screws too. However, to do it correctly without stripping any screw, you will need a Micro Driver that can be set to the recommended torque setting. Once yiu get rhe driver, switching the mount round is easy.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Cinematography