BMPCC4K start shipping

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

John Brawley

Re: BMPCC4K start shipping

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:
You are right the hole thing was a bit a rookie mistake. And maybe I am upset that after 30 years in the business I still do these rookie mistakes.
i

Kai, it's just common sense to me.

If you're going to buy accesories, why not wait till the camera in in your hand.

It's like a jigsaw puzzle. Once you've used it you may find they way you thought you will use it will change and then your accessories will perhaps change with your new plan of implementation...

I've done the same thing...I have a few boxes of accessories I bought thinking I'd use all the time and then realised it's not the way I thought it would go...

Right now there are several cages on the market. Maybe another one will be introduced by the time your camera is in your hand.

Maybe you want to get an external power solution but a new cage will be introduced that has something that's integrated ?

Maybe the lens adaptor you think you want isn’t the best for the wider than most MFT sensors ?

There’s lots of things that change once it’s in your hands and you start shooting with it.

Media costs are always dropping over time.

Basically why spend money until you have to....

Most of these style accessories are usually in stock so you don't tend to have the same lead time you have on a camera...

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

rick.lang

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Good exchanges here. Glad it didn’t go thermonuclear, but it was close!

We all can have different perspectives, but good to respect the opinions of others that are contrary to one’s own views. And no need for blows below the belt, we’re all in the same boat adrift at sea so play fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 3:28 pm

John Brawley wrote:
Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:
You are right the hole thing was a bit a rookie mistake. And maybe I am upset that after 30 years in the business I still do these rookie mistakes.
i

Kai, it's just common sense to me.

If you're going to buy accesories, why not wait till the camera in in your hand.

It's like a jigsaw puzzle. Once you've used it you may find they way you thought you will use it will change and then your accessories will perhaps change with your new plan of implementation...

I've done the same thing...I have a few boxes of accessories I bought thinking I'd use all the time and then realised it's not the way I thought it would go...

Right now there are several cages on the market. Maybe another one will be introduced by the time your camera is in your hand.

Maybe you want to get an external power solution but a new cage will be introduced that has something that's integrated ?

Maybe the lens adaptor you think you want isn’t the best for the wider than most MFT sensors ?

There’s lots of things that change once it’s in your hands and you start shooting with it.

Media costs are always dropping over time.

Basically why spend money until you have to....

Most of these style accessories are usually in stock so you don't tend to have the same lead time you have on a camera...

JB

OK last one... really have to get back to work...

You are so right... here was my thinking... I have wooden camera rigs for all the other cameras I have and am quite happy with it... and I knew I need XLR Audio in and A V-Lock plus EVF holder etc. and Yes I was silly enough to order it... hey I was dreaming... I thought what a cool camera that I could travel with in my carry on Camera Backpack.. just jump on a plane no checkin etc... and I could use my really beloved Voigtländer MTF set, which has not gotten much use lately since the old Pockets we have are mainly collecting dust.

Well it kind of works I am doing the same thing with with two A7sII's at the moment and quite frankly the rig nearly fits too, except that the V-Lock cable is hanging down and I am going through USB for power (Which is a kind of clever idea). I could just never get very friendly with the A7sII (We have 4) especially the colour science, but my employees seems to really like them.

And as I mentioned before you were not the first one to point out that I was unreasonable, they (My team) have been pushing for Sony environment for a while now especially for live edit of fashion shows.

Yes I was such a dreamer! I guess what I feel is what a gambler feels in the moment he realises that he has bet on a wrong horse... I think I am more mad at myself than at BM.

The last A7sII I think took me about 20min to buy... I just went to a shop which is 5 min from my office and bought it... they even had the metabones EF adapter in stock...

Well I better get seriously back to work... will let you know should the camera actually arrive one day...

Cheers,

Kai
uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Oyvind Fiksdal

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 5:16 pm

A couple of things to learn from this.

The production never did really stop. only halted because of holiday and/or component shortages. No other technical reason... Good to know for us who already have the camera.

Another thing to make a note of. Buy from reliable local dealers and get it fast. Big dealers on the web is a no go, even through BM. I got it within a month, ordered in November. No fuz. Those couple of 100$ you save, buying from the web, is not worth it.

Filmobsession

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Colourberry wrote:
John Brawley wrote:
Listing all the accessories you bought for a camera you don’t know when you’re getting says a lot. You probably should be buying those items after you get the camera in your actual hand. Media especially.

JB

Ridiculous. Stupid to wait. Really stupid.

We know it needs a cage. Tick.

We know it needs a metabones adapter if I'm to use my glass. Tick.

And power solution was also 100% needed so that's sorted.

Why on earth would we wait forever for a camera and THEN get the item it needs and then have to wait for those items to arrive??

The only possible reason not to get those in advance would be if you were unsure if your committed to the camera or not. A wait and see mentality. Well I can see the footage coming out of the camera and I'm committed to the camera.

As for media I already had a couple of the Samsung T5 drives I can test with it when it arrives but by then I expect BMRAW will be available by then so I don't think media will be an issue.

As for booking a project around a camera they don't have I don't think anyone would do that. Makes so sense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Look, it's all been explained by Kristian. Simple. Either cancel your order or wait. This is life. Sometimes things don't go 'ACCORDING TO PLAN'. As a man, be humble and make choices based on the information you have today. Don't complain and insult people. It is what it is. We all know how you feel. So lets get back to our craft.

Swissified

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 7:45 pm

Filmobsession wrote:Look, it's all been explained by Kristian. Simple. Either cancel your order or wait. This is life. Sometimes things don't go 'ACCORDING TO PLAN'. As a man, be humble and make choices based on the information you have today. Don't complain and insult people. It is what it is. We all know how you feel. So lets get back to our craft.

Well said!

I too am fed up with the negativity and of course of waiting(!) However Kristian should only have to explain once, perhaps twice but no more......... patience is definitely a virtue!

Denny Smith

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 9:05 pm

Well, your really only have two choices, order and wait, or cancel and buy something else that will work for you. I had an original pre-order in with a small dealer, who only received one out of three cameras ordered, and kept it for a demo, after two months of waiting past this, I canceled. Got my deposit back.

I may reorder one down the road, but waiting until NAB... :roll:
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Jonathan Hardison

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Australian Image wrote:The Mixpre3 is hardly a compact device and if you're not aware of the audio limitations of the BMPCC4K, it's something that you may not have considered, especially if you're putting together a hand held rig. And the Mixpre3 is overkill when all that you need is an audio device that provides pre-amps to boost a mic signal and make it usable with the BMPCC4K.

The MixPre-3 is tiny. It's 5.7 x 4.4 x 1.4". The Pocket 4k is a whopping 7 x 3.8 x 3.4" by comparison - wider by more than an inch and almost as deep. I own a MixPre-3, and always record dual system sound. Easy to sync in post and is leagues better than anything you could ever get in cam. Leagues.

If any videographer asked me what one piece of kit would improve their end product more than any other, I would say the MixPre-3 and a decent hypercardioid mic + lav mic set. No question.

John Stalker

PostThu Feb 28, 2019 11:01 pm

Wow. First visit to this forum in 4 years and people still complaining about same old things. I'm happily on a wait list for the new pocket. Grateful to BMD for making great products. Grateful to the forum members and moderators for "fighting the good fight" here in the forums. See you all again in 4 more years! In the meantime I'll be making stuff... Ha!
Creative Director/CEO - http://www.creativebaymedia.com
Stage Manager - http://www.studiofcc.com

elideadeye

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 2:25 am

Jonathan Hardison wrote:
Australian Image wrote:The Mixpre3 is hardly a compact device and if you're not aware of the audio limitations of the BMPCC4K, it's something that you may not have considered, especially if you're putting together a hand held rig. And the Mixpre3 is overkill when all that you need is an audio device that provides pre-amps to boost a mic signal and make it usable with the BMPCC4K.

The MixPre-3 is tiny. It's 5.7 x 4.4 x 1.4". The Pocket 4k is a whopping 7 x 3.8 x 3.4" by comparison - wider by more than an inch and almost as deep. I own a MixPre-3, and always record dual system sound. Easy to sync in post and is leagues better than anything you could ever get in cam. Leagues.

If any videographer asked me what one piece of kit would improve their end product more than any other, I would say the MixPre-3 and a decent hypercardioid mic + lav mic set. No question.

What do you use to sync? I tried plural eyes and importing into resolve and it never works, So I have to go to premiere..

lcollazo23

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 2:40 am

Just got an email that my camera has been shipped from BH Photo. Order placed Dec 2nd, 2018.

There's hope folks. Hang in there.

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 2:44 am

Oyvind Fiksdal wrote:Another thing to make a note of. Buy from reliable local dealers and get it fast. Big dealers on the web is a no go, even through BM. I got it within a month, ordered in November. No fuz. Those couple of 100$ you save, buying from the web, is not worth it.

Hi,

Just for the record I ordered from Vizcom who is the on the BM website referenced local dealer. I ordered in November and was originally told beginning of 2019 as an ETA. Now maybe April? I am really glad that you got yours within a month, but not sure if that makes me feel any better.

Cheers,

Kai

uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Colourberry

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 2:45 am

Australian Image wrote:
Jonathan Hardison wrote:

Tiny is relative, especially when you have to mount it on a rig with other peripherals. And at around AU$1000, it's not a cheap option.

As I said, what's needed is something that does similar but without all the mixing options etc, just a simple recorder with pre-amps that can transfer the audio to the camera's recorder. That would mean a much smaller device at a lower cost. And the camera's recording option isn't bad when you have a system that can deliver good audio to the camera.
No comment. Image

plantingchickens

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:18 am

Got an email from B&H. Ordered December 4th :)

Jonathan Hardison

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:22 am

elideadeye wrote:What do you use to sync? I tried plural eyes and importing into resolve and it never works, So I have to go to premiere..

I just do it in Premiere or Resolve. I don't have any trouble in either, though be aware that Resolve's audio tools aren't quite up to par in Windows (VU meters are out of sync and other issues). They're great on the Mac.

Resolve's sync can be a little confusing if you are accustomed to Premiere's. Resolve adds the synced audio to the video file, so you have to right click the video file, select Clip Attributes, click the audio tab, and then make sure the audio track is set to the Linked Channel (the embedded channel is the audio captured in camera).

Jonathan Hardison

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:27 am

plantingchickens wrote:Got an email from B&H. Ordered December 4th :)

Just got my shipping notice from Adorama. Ordered Jan 17th. Very excited.

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:34 am

Jonathan Hardison wrote:
plantingchickens wrote:Got an email from B&H. Ordered December 4th :)

Just got my shipping notice from Adorama. Ordered Jan 17th. Very excited.

Ok that makes me feel worse! Just kidding! I am glad for you. Anyway BM is not the only Australian company that seems to prefer export over local customers... took me three weeks to get a Miller tripod here? In PARIS I can just go into a shop and buy one! And most Australian wines are actually cheaper in my hometown in Germany than they are here, which I find a bit strange since they would have to travel half way around the world.
And I guess if I was not affected I would think it’s funny too!

Cheers,

Kai

uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Rakesh Malik

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:38 am

elideadeye wrote:What do you use to sync? I tried plural eyes and importing into resolve and it never works, So I have to go to premiere..

I use Resolve to sync... either the sync tool in case I have neither timecode nor enough signal in the scratch tracks for automatic syncing, or automatic syncing using timecode or waveform.
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Colourberry

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:57 am

Anyone in Australia get a camera please let us know.

Today we've orders to US sites in Dec and Jan fulfilled.

My order in Australia was Oct and waiting. Curious how far the oldest unfulfilled orders in Australia go back.

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 5:05 am

Colourberry wrote:Anyone in Australia get a camera please let us know.

My order in Australia was Oct and waiting. Curious how far the oldest unfulfilled orders in Australia go back.

Yes I would be super interested to know too!

Where in Australia are you from? I am in Perth which is probably the worst since even most Australians are not sure weather it is in Australia or not!

Cheers,

Kai

uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Jonathan Hardison

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 5:07 am

Yeah, I'm in the US. Seems like we're getting priority here for some reason. Sorry to hear about EU and other places that are waiting so long. I assume they're sending more to the distributors with the biggest backlogs (B&H and Adorama, most likely) to keep those backlogs from getting too out of hand. Sucks for the smaller distributors, though.

But they're clearly still making and shipping cameras, so that's good news!

Colourberry

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 5:15 am

I'm in Brisbane but the order is with Dragon Image in Sydney and they say do date they have received ZERO cameras.

Getting an order placed on Jan 17th is amazing. That's only 6 weeks ago.

6 WEEKS!!!

We've heard of Perth but I have no clue what it looks like. Its never on the news and I'd never travel that far to see more Westfield shopping centres and gumtree same as here

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 5:21 am

Australian Image wrote:I got mine in Oct 2018. :D

In fact the store I bought mine from received at least six at the same time (I was no 6). :D :D

Hi,

Just saw your Camera Rig on your YouTube channel, and have to say am not only jealous about your delivery date... I should better not look at this thread again... I am pretty sure my camera is not coming for a couple of month, just going to give me ulcers to see that others got theirs within a month of ordering.

Cheers,

Kai
uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

dondidnod

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 7:01 am

I ordered a BMPCC 4K from Adorama on Sept. 19 and it shipped on Nov. 9 - 52 days. I ordered another one from them on January 18 and it shipped on Feburary 28 - 42 days. Plus, I didn't get charged for it until it shipped, unlike BH that charges you when you first order it.
Maybe they had an incentive to get their money from me faster by not sitting on the order. Or, maybe since they aren't #1 they didn't get as many orders as BH.

Swissified

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 8:31 am

dondidnod wrote:I ordered a BMPCC 4K from Adorama on Sept. 19 and it shipped on Nov. 9 - 52 days. I ordered another one from them on January 18 and it shipped on Feburary 28 - 42 days. Plus, I didn't get charged for it until it shipped, unlike BH that charges you when you first order it.
Maybe they had an incentive to get their money from me faster by not sitting on the order. Or, maybe since they aren't #1 they didn't get as many orders as BH.

Lucky you!

ChrisBird

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 11:57 am

Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:
Colourberry wrote:Anyone in Australia get a camera please let us know.

Yes I would be super interested to know too!

Where in Australia are you from? I am in Perth which is probably the worst since even most Australians are not sure weather it is in Australia or not!

Cheers,

Kai

Not only Perth that's a problem, I'm in Sydney, I ordered (and paid 1/3 deposit) in early October. Whats more frustrating is the distributor has advised twice they'd have stock by certain dates. Each time they have missed it. I had made decisions based upon those timings - that has been a bigger issue than the actual delay. I now prefer the current estimate - 'no idea'. I can work with that.

I think its a case of marketing getting ahead of manufacturing. I had to wait over 3 months for the BMMCC, and it had been release over a year at the time. If they didn't put out such a good product at the right price point they'd be in real trouble. I have no doubt this has caused some minor brand damage but at the end of the day this is just one of many product lines they are running and I wonder how many have actually cancelled? I know my retailer has suggested I do that a number of times, if it wasnt for a particular reason I think I would have by now. I'll give them a bit longer to come good.

heliotage

Update on BMPCC 4K delivery?

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi,
Could someone at BMD provide an indication as to when the BMPCC 4K will be available again? If there is a regularly updated status on this that I may have missed please let me know, if not, it would be really helpful for those of us hoping to plan shoots around this camera, to know if and when it will be shipping. I'm in the UK but I understand the lack of supply is not region-specific, although in the absence of any word from BMD, this may just be speculation.

JordanMcgehee

PostFri Mar 01, 2019 4:08 pm

I just got the shipping confirmation from B&H that they are shipping my BMPCC 4K! I ordered it at the beginning of December.

I am doing my happy dance!!!!!!!! :D

Dprasch

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 am

Adorama just sent an email that the one I ordered in January is shipping

Kai von Ahlefeld

Re: Update on BMPCC 4K delivery?

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 3:08 am

heliotage wrote:Hi,
Could someone at BMD provide an indication as to when the BMPCC 4K will be available again? If there is a regularly updated status on this that I may have missed please let me know, if not, it would be really helpful for those of us hoping to plan shoots around this camera, to know if and when it will be shipping. I'm in the UK but I understand the lack of supply is not region-specific, although in the absence of any word from BMD, this may just be speculation.

HI,

From the last posts on this forum it seems like there are regional differences... If you ordered in the state of New York it seems like orders go through in about a month and a half, and should you have ordered in Australia, there has not beed a confirmed delivery since October.

You will soon face an added complication since if a shipment would leave port in the next days for the UK as far as I know it is still unclear what paperwork they would need to get it through customs after the 29th of March. If it was my company I would not be shipping anything to the UK until its clear what is happening, And on this one I would think BM is not really to blame, I think you would have to thank every second of your fellow countryman for that.

Cheers,

Kai
uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Swissified

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 7:27 am

Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:If it was my company I would not be shipping anything to the UK until its clear what is happening, And on this one I would think BM is not really to blame, I think you would have to thank every second of your fellow countryman for that.Kai

You would be wrong in that assumption then! You would be more correct if you blamed the Westminster 'bubble', the people took part in the biggest democratic vote in our history. Since then the losers and the EU have done everything to put spanners in the works. It is not the people but the politicians who are to blame! Guess what they just awarded themselves a pay rise for their failures.

Rrrbbb

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 11:21 am

Swissified wrote:
Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:If it was my company I would not be shipping anything to the UK until its clear what is happening, And on this one I would think BM is not really to blame, I think you would have to thank every second of your fellow countryman for that.Kai

You would be wrong in that assumption then! You would be more correct if you blamed the Westminster 'bubble', the people took part in the biggest democratic vote in our history. Since then the losers and the EU have done everything to put spanners in the works. It is not the people but the politicians who are to blame! Guess what they just awarded themselves a pay rise for their failures.

Please spoil this place with Brexit nonsense.

Hopefully getting my camera in next week or two and gladly before 29th March (hadn’t thought of that!).

Swissified

PostSat Mar 02, 2019 1:39 pm

Rrrbbb wrote:
Swissified wrote:

Please spoil this place with Brexit nonsense.

Hopefully getting my camera in next week or two and gladly before 29th March (hadn’t thought of that!).

As you see I did not start it!

Anyway, I hope you are lucky enough to get your camera, I look forward to hearing how happy you are with it. A lot of other people are.

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 2:18 am

Just a more graphic illustration of my rookie mistake! The mic, EVF , and Battries I already have on other setups. Just one essential element missing.

And sorry did not want to start a Brexit discussion, just wanted to point out that it might add to the delivery problems. I personally am sad to see the UK leave the European Union, but do respect the democratic decision.

Cheers,

Kai

uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Rrrbbb

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 am

Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:Image

Just a more graphic illustration of my rookie mistake! The mic, EVF , and Battries I already have on other setups. Just one essential element missing.

And sorry did not want to start a Brexit discussion, just wanted to point out that it might add to the delivery problems. I personally am sad to see the UK leave the European Union, but do respect the democratic decision.

Cheers,

Kai

I’m very sad about it too which is why I don’t want to talk about it here. This is my escape from the ‘real’ news. Hopefully your missing part arrives soon.

Colourberry

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 1:09 pm

In fact the store I bought mine from received at least six at the same time (I was no 6). :D :D
What store did you get yours from?

Swissified

PostSun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm

Colourberry wrote:

What store did you get yours from?

My store in Switzerland still say end June 2019! I am no 6 now now, I hope to be lucky in June!

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 4:45 am

Australian Image wrote:
Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:Image

I meant to mention this earlier, but I have to say that I'm not really a fan of those sorts of half-cages. Depending on what you place on the bottom half, and in this case it looks like a potentially heavy V-lock battery, I'd be somewhat concerned about the forces (torsional and sheer) on the connecting ends and the effect on the camera's top plate.

You're actually using the camera's body as part of the cage, rather than the cage to support the camera in isolation. It may hold up fine, but it's not really an ideal way to go about such things. This s nothing to do with the composite material body, but just simple mechanics.

Hi,

From what I could see from your YouTube your lenses are far bigger that mine, I was planning on using my m4/3 voightländer set. Which is realatvily heavy but short. We do a lot of fashion shows and usually film them on an URSA mini 4.6 5 cam set up. I wanted to try the pocket to see weather I could do a four camera live edit through slingshot as a light option. For that it’s most essential that i have a way to secure the HDMI out cable. Which was more important than stability since for those shoots the cams are on tripods!

Anyway since the pockets are unavailable and ordering another three would probably give me a heart-attack. I tested the same thing with A7sII and it works perfectly! More than that the camera actually comes with a little extra part that locks down the HDMI cable! And you can even tell the show designer that he can just put a couple of candles along the catwalk... would still get an image! I am still no big fan of the color, but it does look good to the clients! And anyway this is supposed to be our cheap travel version. And yes I don’t think it will ever include any BM material. Which is a bit sad, but well if it’s not available it’s not available!

Cheers,

Kai

uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

rick.lang

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 5:14 am

Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:... And you can even tell the show designer that he can just put a couple of candles along the catwalk... would still get an image! I am still no big fan of the color, but it does look good to the clients!
Kai

Please don’t light a catwalk with a couple of candles. A couple hundred may be fine if the Fire Marshall allows it. I can’t imagine a (normal fashion show audience or) producer that will like what they see with a couple of candles even on that Sony camera. There’s drinking the Kool-Aid and then there’s biting cyanide.

Rick Lang

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 5:27 am

rick.lang wrote:
Kai von Ahlefeld wrote:... And you can even tell the show designer that he can just put a couple of candles along the catwalk... would still get an image! I am still no big fan of the color, but it does look good to the clients!
Kai

Please don’t light a catwalk with a couple of candles. A couple hundred may be fine if the Fire Marshall allows it. I can’t imagine a (normal fashion show audience or) producer that will like what they see with a couple of candles even on that Sony camera. There’s drinking the Kool-Aid and then there’s biting cyanide.

Don't worry was just joking, but we did film show which I think would have been difficult with our URSA's and it came out pretty well for the miserable light conditions we had.

Cheers,

Kai
uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

rick.lang

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 5:57 am

Thanks, Kai.

Rick Lang

Ian Henderson

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Ha! Sorry for those in longing if this sounds a bit smug. Decided to add a Pocket to our kit this weekend and found one in stock at my local this morning. I feel more than a little lucky. Sometimes being in the far flung south (Africa) has its upsides!

Bring on that BRAW Blackmagic!

Swissified

PostMon Mar 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Ian Henderson wrote:Ha! Sorry for those in longing if this sounds a bit smug. Decided to add a Pocket to our kit this weekend and found one in stock at my local this morning. I feel more than a little lucky. Sometimes being in the far flung south (Africa) has its upsides!

Good heavens above, in stock indeed! Lucky fellow!

Kai von Ahlefeld

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 am

Ian Henderson wrote:Ha! Sorry for those in longing if this sounds a bit smug. Decided to add a Pocket to our kit this weekend and found one in stock at my local this morning. I feel more than a little lucky. Sometimes being in the far flung south (Africa) has its upsides!

It does sound a bit smug! But I am happy for you... and South Africa I would not have expected to have stock either.

Cheers,

Kai
uberraum
Kai v. Ahlefeld
Paris · France

Colourberry

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 3:08 am

I hate you.

Not really. And it's definitely the 4K you got. Not the original pocket

Ian Henderson

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 4:22 am

Colourberry wrote:I hate you.

Not really. And it's definitely the 4K you got. Not the original pocket

I might hate me too. And that would have been a little disappointing but no...

First available subject:

Our UMP is rigged quite big so this should make a lovely discreet/car cam. Feels incredibly familiar when you’ve been working with BM cameras!

Ian Henderson

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 4:38 am

Australian Image wrote:
Ian Henderson wrote:I'm never going to have to walk about feeling weird wearing an Easyrig. :D

Not exactly a thing of beauty, is it?

Wayne Steven

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 5:30 am

What happens to a naked camera man hitting a windscreen at 30MPH.

aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Robert Niessner

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 7:50 am

Ian Henderson wrote:
Australian Image wrote:
Ian Henderson wrote:I'm never going to have to walk about feeling weird wearing an Easyrig. :D

Not exactly a thing of beauty, is it?

It records beautiful images and it can unclogg the toilet in an emergency.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Rrrbbb

PostTue Mar 05, 2019 7:19 pm

Mines coming tomorrow :D

Thanks to 3dbroadcast for being so great.

No time to update firmware for braw playing though :o
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography