"No Card" Issue BMPCC

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Didier

Re: "No Card" Issue BMPCC

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 9:55 pm

So,

There is at least two topics on this forum talking about this issue. Looking at the numbers (view and post) it concern a lot of people.
Would you mind to write a letter to Blackmagic asking them to comment their silence. Make sure to get a lot of signatures or people enough concerned to send this letter directly to BM. I also suggest to send a copy to the official resellers, asking them to inform their customers about this issue, before to sale a micro camera or a video assist 5". I'll be really enjoy to do that for French market but my English is too poor for the others country.
We spend a lot of time, and money, testing and sharing our results. We already are a group which can act.
Resolve 15, mini panel, Declink 4K, Eizo CG248 4K 24'. BenQ SW271 4K 27'
Work station 16 core Intel i9-7960X CPU (32 logical Pro.), 128 Gids RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000 multi GPU.

Craig Seeman

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 pm

This post was writen by on Dec 5 2018 by BMD representative Kristian Lam. He states the older Sandisk SDSDXP do work

Kristian Lam wrote:Hi,

Please note that we have discovered an issue with the newer revision of the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXXG.

These cards do not work with the following products:

1. Pocket Cinema Camera
2. Micro Cinema Camera
3. Video Assist
4. Video Assist 4K

We believe that these new cards have the V30 rating on them.

Currently, only Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXP are compatible.

Sandisk still sells this older card SKU SDSDXP-512G-A46. Many dealers show them as discontinued but Sandisk is still selling them.
https://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/ ... .309192500

It's possible they are still available on Amazon (US at least) as
SDSDXPA-512G-G46
although there's an A added to the product SKU and a G46 so perhaps this is a "global" variant. It's not the other product SKU that Kristian Lam warns against.
https://amazon.com/dp/B00NP699ZI/?colii ... 9NJA&psc=1

Didier

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 7:06 pm

Craig Seeman wrote:This post was writen by on Dec 5 2018 by BMD representative Kristian Lam. He states the older Sandisk SDSDXP do work

Kristian Lam wrote:Hi,

Please note that we have discovered an issue with the newer revision of the Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXXG.

These cards do not work with the following products:

1. Pocket Cinema Camera
2. Micro Cinema Camera
3. Video Assist
4. Video Assist 4K

We believe that these new cards have the V30 rating on them.

Currently, only Sandisk Extreme Pro UHS-I SDXC 95 MB/s cards that begin with the product prefix SDSDXP are compatible.

Sandisk still sells this older card SKU SDSDXP-512G-A46. Many dealers show them as discontinued but Sandisk is still selling them.
https://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/ ... .309192500

It's possible they are still available on Amazon (US at least) as
SDSDXPA-512G-G46
although there's an A added to the product SKU and a G46 so perhaps this is a "global" variant. It's not the other product SKU that Kristian Lam warns against.
https://amazon.com/dp/B00NP699ZI/?colii ... 9NJA&psc=1

Thank you for this information. I'Have tried to get it but Amazon and Sandisk does'nt deliver this card in France. Only in US. :cry:
Work station 16 core Intel i9-7960X CPU (32 logical Pro.), 128 Gids RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000 multi GPU.

Craig Seeman

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 10:45 pm

Thank you for this information. I'Have tried to get it but Amazon and Sandisk does'nt deliver this card in France. Only in US. :cry:

This seems to be the correct card on Amazon France. You'll have to cut and paste the link as it seems the text with accent marks prevents it from being a hot link.
https://www.amazon.fr/Mémoire-Sandisk-Extreme-jusquà-Classe/dp/B00NP699ZI

Frank Engel

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 1:28 am

Given a reliable SD card of appropriate size, suitable codec choice and external power supply, there is no particular reason why the BMPCC could not be used for recording events, if someone is paying attention while using it and practices with it beforehand and recognizes its limitations when working in that kind of setting... but it is definitely not optimal for it, and given the choice I would rather use something else if I was recording long-format, even if I did have this camera working reliably and could trust it for that length of time.

Didier

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 am

Frank Engel wrote:Given a reliable SD card of appropriate size, suitable codec choice and external power supply, there is no particular reason why the BMPCC could not be used for recording events, if someone is paying attention while using it and practices with it beforehand and recognizes its limitations when working in that kind of setting... but it is definitely not optimal for it, and given the choice I would rather use something else if I was recording long-format, even if I did have this camera working reliably and could trust it for that length of time.

I Frank,

I Agree, I work alone with three Bmpcc mounted on three tripods. One with a 7.5mm lens in front of the stage, one on the left side of the stage with a 14mm and the third one a little further away with a Zoom 18m-35mm to follow in tight shot. I record in RAW or ProsResHQ. The sound is recorded with an external system. It takes a bit of practice and rehearsals with the dancers, but the result is awesome after Postprod and calibrated with Resolve. But remember the purpose of this topic is not: "are you a good filmaker?” but how to find a durable solution to find compatible memory cards....

Alex Delfont

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 2:26 pm

Maybe all the threads about this issue could be merged? So we don't have to all follow multiple threads?

I bought a couple of 128gb SanDisk cards last year, but they have the v30 rating, does that mean they won't work? I haven't bought a bmpcc yet because of this issue so I can't test it.

I don't understand how BM can sell the Micro cinema camera on their site if you can't get cards for it. I understand if it's a discontinued camera like the pocket, but not for a product they still sell

Adam Furrier

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Alex Delfont wrote:I bought a couple of 128gb SanDisk cards last year, but they have the v30 rating, does that mean they won't work? I haven't bought a bmpcc yet because of this issue so I can't test it.

If you are lucky and the serial on the back of the cards ends with 824G, then they should work. I bought 4pcs of these 824G cards that are 128GB and V30 and they all work just fine.

lee4ever

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Adam Furrier wrote:
Alex Delfont wrote:I bought a couple of 128gb SanDisk cards last year, but they have the v30 rating, does that mean they won't work? I haven't bought a bmpcc yet because of this issue so I can't test it.

If you are lucky and the serial on the back of the cards ends with 824G, then they should work. I bought 4pcs of these 824G cards that are 128GB and V30 and they all work just fine.

I have exactly the same cards (with 824G at the end) and they work great.

That's the packaging:
V30_1.png
V30_1.png (210.47 KiB) Viewed 34129 times

Then I have a microSD, also V30 with designation at the end G0P8 or GOP8 with SD adapter, and this also works (i had to format it once under MacOS and then with BMPCC).

V30_2.png
V30_2.png (453.29 KiB) Viewed 34130 times

I'm not sure anymore, but the packaging stood more than 95MB/s. If I remember correctly, it was this one:

V30_2_1.png
V30_2_1.png (398.89 KiB) Viewed 34129 times

That the "V30" SD cards cause problems, that's not true. There are V30 cards that work. The problem is somewhere else. BMD engineers should be able to take care of that.

Adam Furrier

PostWed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

lee4ever wrote:That the "V30" SD cards cause problems, that's not true. There are V30 cards that work. The problem is somewhere else. BMD engineers should be able to take care of that.

I think it was just a safe line drawn here that non V30 cards should work. There are old enough V30 cards too that work but SanDisk made a data controller change sometime during the V30 era and so newer ones don't work. I guess 824G ones are from the pre-data controller change period.

Valery Axenov

PostMon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 am

...860G v30 64gb SanDisk Extreme Pro accepted by BMPCC but with some delay (some times I need to switch on/off camera in order this sd card to be ready).

totakeke

PostMon Jul 08, 2019 9:12 am

Finally received my Sony 128GB SF-G1UZ and can confirm this works with both RAW and prores.

Funny fact: the amazon seller I got mine from has changed the price like crazy while I was waiting for mine to arrive. Got mine for £44.31, then it went up to about £80 and its now on for £70.91 which the seller says is down from RRP: £113.08.

Daniel Mies

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm

PLEASE HELP !!

First of all, very sorry for adding another post to an already VERY long thread.

I simply do not have time to read all of the post here to solve my urgent case.

(I am going with the Transsiberian railways in 48 hours and I just came back home
with a BMPCC and Sandisk extreme pro 170mb 128gb card that does not work.

What became the result out of this long thread?

What are my options now, considering the very short time I got left before departure?

Getting the Sony card? Any other options?

Brad Hurley

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Daniel Mies wrote:P
What became the result out of this long thread?

What are my options now, considering the very short time I got left before departure?

Getting the Sony card? Any other options?

The Sony card appears to be working for some people at least, and also SanDisk are still making one 512 gigabyte card that appears to work; details in this post by Craig Seeman: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83050&start=100#p518575

Apart from that, check with the person who sold you their Pocket to see if they have any working SD cards they can sell you. Or put out a plea on one of the forums to see if anyone's willing to sell you their compatible cards.

Last resort is to get a monitor/recorder, like the BMD Video Assist (but don't actually get the 5" Video Assist as it has the same compatibity problem...I THINK you can use the 7" 4K video assist but am not sure; it does use different SD cards, the UHS II ones, which are widely available. Alternatively you'll probably want something that can record to an SSD or other medium like the old video devices Pix-E recorders. You'll be stuck with ProRes, not raw.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Daniel Mies

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Thank you, Brad!

When it comes to the Sony card, does it has to be a specific type?

Is it ONLY this type that works: Sony 128GB SF-G1UZ  ?

Brad Hurley

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Daniel Mies wrote:Thank you, Brad!

When it comes to the Sony card, does it has to be a specific type?

Is it ONLY this type that works: Sony 128GB SF-G1UZ  ?

Hopefully someone who has tried them will answer; I don't know and like you don't have time to go through the threads to find out.

But do check out the first post in this thread, regularly updated by Frank Engel, who's systematically testing SD cards in the original Pocket: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91479 As you can see, there's one 32 gig Sony card that is recognized and one that failed.

Daniel Mies

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 6:49 pm

For those who are interested:

I bought the Sony 64 card, and it worked just fine ;)

Brad Hurley

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Daniel Mies wrote:For those who are interested:

Great news! Did you try recording RAW and not just ProRes? And at 30fps? RAW at 30fps would probably be the ultimate stress test, but as long as it works with whatever frame rate and codec you're shooting, you're in luck.

lee4ever

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 12:53 am

which Sony card exactly?

StummerStecher

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 12:17 pm

I bought some 95 mb/s Sandisk cards 6 month ago in preparation for my current project and not tested them yet because I was busy with other projects. First takes will be this weekend. I will test the cards, when back from work. But that scares me. At least I have some older cards here too, which are proven that they work.
But when BMD will do a update, will it work with cinema Micro too? The software was not updated very long time now.
Equipment: BMD Cinema Micro, Inquisition SBus Controller, H-H025K Lumix G 25mm f/1.7, ROKKOR 50mm f/1.4, FD 70-210mm F4.0, Laowa venus 7.5mm F2.0, Olympus ED 14-42mm 3.5-5.6 EZ, Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm 3.5-5.6, Liliput 7" monitor

Walter Segundo

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 pm

About the Sony cards. Just the Sony SFG1UZ 95MB/s works or faster Sony cards works too?

Anthony Raphael Petrone

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Just got done talking to Sandisk and apparently the UHS-II cards, 300 MB/s, will work with Black MAgic Cameras.

I don't know if this was common knowledge already but just thought I'd share.

Frank Engel

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Anthony Raphael Petrone wrote:Just got done talking to Sandisk and apparently the UHS-II cards, 300 MB/s, will work with Black MAgic Cameras.

I don't know if this was common knowledge already but just thought I'd share.

Based on my own testing of a SDSDXPK-064G-ANCIN card (which is the 300 MB/sec Sandisk) it dropped frames recording RAW.

Frank Engel

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Walter Segundo wrote:About the Sony cards. Just the Sony SFG1UZ 95MB/s works or faster Sony cards works too?

I had tried a Sony SDHC UHS-II “G Series” SF-G32/T1 and the camera wouldn't even recognize it (same "no card" situation as the Sandisk cards that started this thread).

SF16UZ/TQN is recognized by the camera but drops frames in RAW and HQ at least.

Daniel Mies

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 4:01 am

Brad Hurley wrote:

Great news! Did you try recording RAW and not just ProRes? And at 30fps? RAW at 30fps would probably be the ultimate stress test, but as long as it works with whatever frame rate and codec you're shooting, you're in luck.

I have only recorded prores 422 at 30 fps. Will do a RAW test asap.

Daniel Mies

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 4:08 am

lee4ever wrote:

which Sony card exactly?

I bought this one:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... _1_u3.html

However....... I bought two identical cards from the very same shop, and one card works just fine, but the
other card drops frames constantly.....!

Joel Belcher

PostFri Jul 26, 2019 3:03 pm

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I don't have any experience with trying to return media. If I buy a card that doesn't work for recording RAW, but works in all other aspects will I be able to return it or will I be stuck with it? I generally buy from B&H or Amazon.

Thanks,

Joel

StummerStecher

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 7:54 pm

Sandisk 128GB with 170 mb/s rating won't work, but Transcend, Lexar and cheap chinese Sandisk clones (Kimsnot) work perfectly. One Sandisk witt 95 mb/s rating is working too.
Equipment: BMD Cinema Micro, Inquisition SBus Controller, H-H025K Lumix G 25mm f/1.7, ROKKOR 50mm f/1.4, FD 70-210mm F4.0, Laowa venus 7.5mm F2.0, Olympus ED 14-42mm 3.5-5.6 EZ, Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm 3.5-5.6, Liliput 7" monitor

BarryStep

PostFri Aug 02, 2019 12:38 pm

I've shot about 30 hours of 12:1 RAW on the SanDisk Extreme Pro, 256GB, 170mb/s cards without any problems whatsoever. I was always using a v-mount battery for power.
Barry Stephenson

Rudah Silva

PostWed Aug 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi! I bought an Bmpcc original and was trying to figure out what card to use, I know a lot of people try different brands without success. However a think I find a great solution.

Is the Kingston Canvas React 128gb

There is no older or newer version, just this one.
They have in 32, 64, 128, 256 Gb etc
I know that the fasterare the 128 and above or maybe even the 64gb.
I think is a good solution because is a worldwide brand and maybe is easy get for everyone doesn’t matter the country, there isn’t any other models of Thaís card and you can buy directly from Kingston website.

I did a lot of tests here and works in Raw and Prores modes without frame skipping.
Is amazing

45min of continuously RAW
1h20 of continuously HQ
1:50 of continuously 422
2:40 of continuously LT

Sorry for my bad English guys!

9A1DC3AB-42C7-4C8A-981E-6E7398F4CA61.jpeg
This is the card I bought
9A1DC3AB-42C7-4C8A-981E-6E7398F4CA61.jpeg (253.44 KiB) Viewed 32174 times

Robert Niessner

Good News

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 5:43 pm

A few weeks ago I've talked to Angelbird and told them about the problem finding compatible SD cards for the old BMPCC and Videoassist. They said their technicians will look into this and if they can make their cards compatible.

Well, good news!
Yesterday I got an email that they were successful in modifying the Angelbird SD card firmware (unfortunately you can't upgrade SD cards yourself) to make some of their latest cards fully compatible to the BMPCC and the Videoassist models.
Because they can do that obviously only with the latest cards they are having in-house, they can guarantee compatibility solely for cards ordered directly from Angelbird.

I was told that AV PRO SD V60/V90 cards with 64 and 128 GB have been tested successfully with the BMPCC and Videoassist HD. For Videoassist 4k you will need the V90 cards.

If you are interested you can go to www.Angelbird.com and order from there. You might contact support@angelbird.com before ordering to make sure you will get the correct ones for you.
They'll do ship worldwide.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

John Paines

Re: Good News

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Robert Niessner wrote:I was told that AV PRO SD V60/V90 cards with 64 and 128 GB have been tested successfully with the BMPCC and Videoassist HD. For Videoassist 4k you will need the V90 cards.

Based on the specs, the V60 cards should be great for the BMPCC 4K as well -- allowing low compression formats, unlike the V30s. If so, they're a bargain.

lee4ever

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Robert Niessner, Thank you!

GeoRover

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Australian Image wrote:That's kind of weird, as I have a Samsung 256GB EVO Plus Micro SDXC 1 Class 3 card in an adapter and I can record Cinema DNG RAW 4:1 without issue. I thought it would choke or drop frames, but it works fine.

This is valuable information. I just ordered one based on what you said, I never considered other cards besides SanDisk. Although SanDisk Extreme 64GB U3 A1 Micro SDXC I V30 with adapter also work just fine on my BMPCC original.

Will report results on the Samsung card as soon as I have the card delivered. Thanks Australian Image!

GeoRover

PostFri Aug 16, 2019 11:01 pm

GeoRover wrote:
Australian Image wrote:That's kind of weird, as I have a Samsung 256GB EVO Plus Micro SDXC 1 Class 3 card in an adapter and I can record Cinema DNG RAW 4:1 without issue. I thought it would choke or drop frames, but it works fine.

This is valuable information. I just ordered one based on what you said, I never considered other cards besides SanDisk. Although SanDisk Extreme 64GB U3 A1 Micro SDXC I V30 with adapter also work just fine on my BMPCC original.

Will report results on the Samsung card as soon as I have the card delivered. Thanks Australian Image!

Ok, received and tried the card. The camera does recognize it, records Prores HQ but not RAW. Returning it.

Joel Belcher

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Rudah Silva wrote:Hi! I bought an Bmpcc original and was trying to figure out what card to use, I know a lot of people try different brands without success. However a think I find a great solution.

I think is a good solution because is a worldwide brand and maybe is easy get for everyone doesn’t matter the country, there isn’t any other models of Thaís card and you can buy directly from Kingston website.

I did a lot of tests here and works in Raw and Prores modes without frame skipping.
Is amazing

1h20 of continuously HQ

Rudah,

Thank you for recommending this card. I bought the 256GB card after reading your post and it worked great for RAW with my BMPCC. Great deal for $60 on Amazon.

Joel

marcin.belicki

PostMon Aug 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Rudah Silva wrote:Hi! I bought an Bmpcc original and was trying to figure out what card to use, I know a lot of people try different brands without success. However a think I find a great solution.

Is amazing

1h20 of continuously HQ

I bought 128 GB version and it works perfectly. Thank you for the advice!

JohnVL

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 12:07 pm

[quote="marcin.belicki"][quote="Rudah Silva"]Hi! I bought an Bmpcc original and was trying to figure out what card to use, I know a lot of people try different brands without success. However a think I find a great solution.

This is very good news! Thanks for posting!

Robert Niessner

PostSat Aug 24, 2019 1:01 pm

Just FYI:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80355&view=unread#p534751
There are Angelbird cards which are compatible with the BMPPC
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

GeoRover

PostThu Sep 05, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you Ruhah for this find. I just ordered 256GB from Amazon. I will report back how that performs. As far as the specs go, it's inline with what Blackmagic Design Support told me for Sandisk SDXC UHS-I versions which are very hard to find now.

Is amazing

1h20 of continuously HQ

greydonlocke

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 7:22 pm

I can confirm that, as of 9/6/2019, the Kingston Canvas React does work, thanks to Rudah Silva for the recommendation.

You can still get em on Amazon, I'll be buying a couple more for my two BMPCC's.

GeoRover

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 pm

I can also confirm that Kingston Canvas React 256GB works flawlessly on BMPCC Original!

I recorded RAW 30fps with NO problems at all.

RAW @ 30fps = 1:00 Hours of record time
RAW @ 24fps = 1:15 Hours of record time

Thank you so much Rudah! Finally we have an alternative that actually works!
Attachments
KingtonSDCard2_.jpg
KingtonSDCard2_.jpg (382.13 KiB) Viewed 29534 times
KingtonSDCard_.jpg
KingtonSDCard_.jpg (240.69 KiB) Viewed 29534 times

ctx1050

PostThu Sep 26, 2019 6:53 pm

I just received one of the 256GB Kingston Canvas REACT cards mentioned above, and can confirm that it also works on the original 5" Video Assist. Just ordered a second. Finally having a larger capacity option is fantastic. Thank you!

Phantom AV

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am

So, Basically there is still no clear answer nor solution to this issue?
Does anyone have an decent and clear update about this?
I have the same problem with 3x Sandisk Extreme Pro 256Gb 170Mb/sec v30 SDcards.

Robert Niessner

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Phantom AV wrote:So, Basically there is still no clear answer nor solution to this issue?
I have the same problem with 3x Sandisk Extreme Pro 256Gb 170Mb/sec v30 SDcards.

The clear answer is buy from Angelbird directly:

Robert Niessner wrote:A few weeks ago I've talked to Angelbird and told them about the problem finding compatible SD cards for the old BMPCC and Videoassist. They said their technicians will look into this and if they can make their cards compatible.

Well, good news!
Yesterday I got an email that they were successful in modifying the Angelbird SD card firmware (unfortunately you can't upgrade SD cards yourself) to make some of their latest cards fully compatible to the BMPCC and the Videoassist models.
Because they can do that obviously only with the latest cards they are having in-house, they can guarantee compatibility solely for cards ordered directly from Angelbird.

I was told that AV PRO SD V60/V90 cards with 64 and 128 GB have been tested successfully with the BMPCC and Videoassist HD. For Videoassist 4k you will need the V90 cards.

If you are interested you can go to http://www.Angelbird.com and order from there. You might contact support@angelbird.com before ordering to make sure you will get the correct ones for you.
They'll do ship worldwide.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Phantom AV

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Robert Niessner wrote:
Phantom AV wrote:So, Basically there is still no clear answer nor solution to this issue?

The clear answer is buy from Angelbird directly:

[quote="Robert Niessner"]A few weeks ago I've talked to Angelbird and told them about the problem finding compatible SD cards for the old BMPCC and Videoassist. They said their technicians will look into this and if they can make their cards compatible.

Well, good news!

@Robert Niessner,
Thank you for your reply but what i want to know is are the a possibility that i can use my 3x Sandisk Extreme Pro 256Gb 170Mb/sec v30 SDcards or NOT at all?
Has Blackmagic and Sandisk found a solution to this issue? or am i just screwed and do i need to buy 3 new SDcards (for example from Angelbird)?

GeoRover

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Did my post and the post following it not give you any clear answer to this issue?

Phantom AV

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 pm

GeoRover wrote:
Did my post and the post following it not give you any clear answer to this issue?

@GeoRover,
Your answer is an alternative solution to my problem.
My question is what about the Sandisk Extreme Pro 256Gb 170Mb/sec v30 SDcards.
Are they now a waste of money and time, because of trying to figuring out why they don't work, although that my reseller tells me they are OK to use? OR is there a solution on the way so i still can use them in my Assist 4K?

GeoRover

PostTue Oct 15, 2019 11:41 pm

Phantom AV wrote:
GeoRover wrote:

@GeoRover,
Your answer is an alternative solution to my problem.
My question is what about the Sandisk Extreme Pro 256Gb 170Mb/sec v30 SDcards.
Are they now a waste of money and time, because of trying to figuring out why they don't work, although that my reseller tells me they are OK to use? OR is there a solution on the way so i still can use them in my Assist 4K?

Right. I tried about 8 of these Sandisks, all a failure. The older ones used to work but hard to find, so I gave up on them. The Kingston one and Anglebirds are really the true alternatives at this point as far as I know and have experienced. Anglebirds are little bit pricey compared to Kingston one.

cinemadeluxe

PostThu Nov 28, 2019 2:41 am

Thank you everyone for all the research. Just to make sure, would I be able to shoot 50fps 3:1RAW on the BMMCC with the Kingston card mentioned above?
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography