Image Stabilising Lenses Question

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

more_lemons

Image Stabilising Lenses Question

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 am

Hey everyone,

Firstly this forum has been so helpful for me in terms of choosing to pre-order the BMPCC 4k. Thanks to everyone that contributes!

My question is, basically I've preordered my camera, I should get it late November in the second shipping cycle, but now I have to choose a lens.

I would love to sink some money into some great prime lenses, however right now money isn't something I have a lot of. I plan on using my BMPC for a variety of projects - documentaries, short films, a variety of paid jobs, but alas my most immediate need is to shoot weddings so I can pay the bills. Hiring more suitable cameras is a real possibility, but if I can use my BMPC I would prefer that.

Basically, there's a lot of run and gunning with weddings. I plan on building/investing in a rig and shoulder mount, but I would like to pair that with an image stabilised lens.

The panasonic 12-35 looks the best bet. I've read some reviews on here saying it isn't the greatest, but for what I'll use it for I think it will be fine. I also want to stick to the Micro 4/3s system if possible.

Does anyone have any run and gun footage of the BMPCC 4k with the panny 12-35 or similar lens?

Cheers!

TL;DR - I'm looking for footage or reviews of the BMPCC 4K with an image stabilised lens, preferably micro four thirds, for run and gun wedding videography.

Return to Cinematography