BMPCC4K - Your 10 most common questions answered

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Florent Piovesan

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 11:53 am

After getting a lot of questions in our latest videos I thought I'd make a video and answer the 10 most common questions about the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K that I received.

Let me know if there’s anything else you want to know :).

Cheers,
Florent
https://www.oftwolands.com
Cameras: OG BMPCC, BMPCC6K, BMPCC6K PRO, BMCC6K
Past: UMP4.6K, BMPCC4K
Computers: Mac Studio M1 Max & MacBook Air 15 M2

rick.lang

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks, Florent. That’s a good summary. The observation that shooting 120 fps produces a cinematic image between the BMPCC and the BMPCC4K at 60 DCI 4K is interesting. The one thing that I’m going to try is shooting in the higher ISO band to see what that does for the look. My suspicion is that it will improve the look (as we try to emulate film) in those situations that can tolerate the loss of dynamic range especially given that the loss isn’t too bad from ISO 1250 to 3200 or slightly greater. And shooting DCI 4K 60p raw for about ten seconds can be completely fine for example the typical music video. I’m sure even for some narrative work it would be perfect, especially in the North American market where fast takes are perhaps de rigeur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography