Bluetooth Remote

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

davidbitton

Re: Bluetooth Remote

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 pm

@csaba

Did you ever release the code? This would benefit me with the Tilta handle's run/stop button. Thanks.

scdakin

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 11:21 am

@csaba

+1 on how useful the code would be. I'm really looking for simple examples/code-fragments illustrating successful camera control.

I'm seeking to control the BMPP from MATLAB - a scientific programming environment that recently introduced support for Bluetooth LE. I can connect to the camera, read the name of the device etc, but I'm struggling to control the camera itself...

Pointers appreciated!

zapteam

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 4:46 pm

Here's our first test with Python on Windows 10.

Our test was for controlling multiple camera. It's really basic but it demonstrate the possibilities:

https://github.com/alxbouchard/BMPCC-WIN-CTRL

Emil Steixner

PostSat Apr 04, 2020 10:58 am

Camera control via HDMI
Hey guys! I've been following along this thread for quite a while now and I think the solutions you all came up with are really great! I particularly like the ble4k-G1 but unfortunately it's sold out. Yesterday there was a new BMD camera update 6.8. BMD states that it supports HDMI control. Does anyone have a solution to this similar to the Port keys BM5? Is it maybe possible to control the camera with a “dumb” monitor too? (like a small HD or something like that?)
I'd love to see something like a HDMI LANC splitter where you can plug in a normal monitor to the splitter, a LANC to the Splitter and the Splitter to the camera its self. Would something like that be possible? I'm only trying to get it working with R/S features.

Thanks in advance, and I hope, I could give you some more input concerning the HDMI control possibility.

Denny Smith

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 5:07 am

At this point, BMD indicates the HDMI control on the Pocket 4/6K is only with direct HDMI cable to the ATEM Mini bad Mini Pro. Perhaps next, BMD will open this up for Video Assist control of the camera via HDMI.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

edu_falcao

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 11:41 pm

Hello, I appreciate the effort of everyone involved in the project, which is spectacular.
I followed all the steps and I can't connect the M5STICKC with the BMPCC 6K PRO firmware 7.3.
On the arduino serial screen after recording the code only "initialization...ok" appears and the M5 screen is black and nothing happens on the camera. I would like some help to make it work. Once again, I thank the dedication and effort of those involved.

Hugs from Brazil

DigitalMetal

PostThu Jan 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Csaba Nagy wrote:UPDATE. Project is complete! Nucleus Nano controller can now remotely start/stop recording.

Will need some time to really think through how to make this become a viable end product. Will likely share some prototype designs and continue asking the community for feedback.

Created a poll to gather some initial numbers, please respond if you are interested:
http://www.strawpoll.me/17350673

Goal is to keep the form factor is small as possible, using a web interface for initial pairing and for user configuration/customization.

Stay tuned.

Hey @Csaba Nagy seems like something is broken in your BlueMagic32 project, several people in the GitHub including muself are not able to get your examples working.
Are you able to help us out please? I bought a M5 Stick C Plus hoping to get your remote with timecode display working but its not looking good so far.
Thanks
Neil
Cameras: BMPCC OG, BMPCC4K, Sony A6400, GoPro 8, Insta360 One R.
Edit system:
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.X
BM Decklink 12G PCIe
Speed Editor
Windows 11 Pro
Nvidia RTX3090 24GB
Intel i9 10850K @4.9Ghz
32 GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM
NVME SSD's
Previous

Return to Cinematography