LANC port loose / broken Ursa Mini

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

James Harkness

LANC port loose / broken Ursa Mini

PostFri Dec 07, 2018 6:40 pm

Hey guys I noticed my handle buttons werent working. Thought at first it was the handle but realized quickly it was the LANC PORT. It is extremely loose, and basically doesnt function unless the cord is held in the "sweet" spot. I think its fully disfunctional now. What would you suggest I do?

Rolands Briedis

Re: LANC port loose / broken Ursa Mini

PostSat Dec 08, 2018 8:47 am

Here I started a discussion about this topic, but still, I am searching for an answer, because these replacement parts didn't work .
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62884

RyanLeeDP

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 8:55 am

Hi Guys has anyone found a solution?
Both my LANC ports are terrible - my rear LANC port the cable has to be fiddled around with for about a minute until it finds the sweet spot and the front LANC port is completely unusable it doesn't work at all. I'm almost certain this is a $2 part that needs to be replaced/re-soldered - I have contacted BlackMagic/NewMagic and they have told me its going to be $450 to replace the whole side board, I can not justify paying $400 to replace the whole side board while it is only that small inexpensive part that needs to be fixed, they would not even tell me the name of the part other then "LANC Connector" so that I could look it up and buy it and either try and find a camera repair store nearby to do it or try and do it myself...
What are my options here - can anyone help here?

Dmytro Shijan

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 4:15 pm

TRS sockets use bended spring to hold connector in place. Try to disassemble camera and look for some small holes around the lanc socket body. take a needle or very tiny screwdriver, push and bend that spring back to normal position.
Long time ago i fixed computer sound card socket that lost connection in similar way.
Also clean and wipe socket connector pins with isopropyl alcohol. Low voltage contacts are very sensitive to dirt and fat.
BMMCC/BMMSC Rigs Collection https://bmmccrigs.tumblr.com
My custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Rolands Briedis

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 10:05 am

Thanks! I will try to reinstal the sockets with Your helpfull notes. Fingers crossed, it will work!

Dmitry Shijan wrote:TRS sockets use bended spring to hold connector in place. Try to disassemble camera and look for some small holes around the lanc socket body. take a needle or very tiny screwdriver, push and bend that spring back to normal position.
Long time ago i fixed computer sound card socket that lost connection in similar way.
Also clean and wipe socket connector pins with isopropyl alcohol. Low voltage contacts are very sensitive to dirt and fat.

Return to Cinematography