starter accessories for the BMPCC4K?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

KamalSPrasad

starter accessories for the BMPCC4K?

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a BMPCC4K. I already have a couple of lenses I can use with it and I know that out of the box, even with the lenses, it's an incomplete experience for practical work.

I'd appreciate to know what accessories people have bought to get started with their new BMPCC4K. External storage, power supply, etc. I'm a low/no budget producer (currently using GH2) but all setups are welcome in case it helps other people getting started with their camera.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kamal

dsorbera

Re: starter accessories for the BMPCC4K?

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Nothing is *needed*, but one thing you'll probably want is a better external battery solution. The canon LP-e6 batteries die very quickly.

A cage is also nice to have to mount mics and other accessories.

If you are going to be shooting outside in the sun I highly recommend an EVF as using the screen (even though it's a great screen) outside is difficult at best.

budmas

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 11:38 pm

I ended up purchasing an IndieProTools V-Mount battery plate with the LP-E6 dummy battery for mine. I also purchased SmallRig's full cage, HDMI/USB holder, Samsung T5 mount, Metabones adapter mount, Universal mounting plate with 15mm rods. I have a Tilta Nucleus Nano follow focus on the way (one day) to mount to it.

Buddy
Buddy Masters

Chris Whitten

PostSat Jan 12, 2019 9:01 am

I have extra batteries and a charger. I opted for the Wise (pocket 4k specific) SSD. So far no issues.
I think a must is some kind of stable platform, a tripod, a monopod at least and arguably a shoulder unit or gimbal. Micro jitters in footage gets annoying very quickly - immediately.
Chris Whitten

Return to Cinematography