Blackmagic Video Camera

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Christian

Blackmagic Video Camera

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 6:26 pm

It is interesting to see on this forum that a lot of people from video production companies (or else),
wish the Blackmagic Cinema Camera to have the same "specs" of the Sony NEX FS100 or the Canon C300 for example.

It is like they want to have a "clone" of either the Sony NEX FS100 or the Canon C300 for more than half the price.

For a student in Cinema, the Blackmagic Cinema Camera is a great camera that offers quite a lot, at a fair price, and it is great that there is a choice between an EF and a MFT mount now.
--------------------------
- Christian Kane Black

salena

Re: Blackmagic Video Camera

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes, I first heard about BM thanks to Engadget.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

Re: Blackmagic Video Camera

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi Christian: I agree. I think the BMCC has quite a lot to offer students and professionals alike who value its particular set of features.

Myself, I plan on using my BMCC-EF when it finally arrives for some of the same types of professional video shoots I currently use a GH2, FS100, PMW350 and other cams to accomplish.

There's no 1 perfect camera for every production. But for the near future (hopefully the near future!) the BMCC, together with its excellent software bundle, is semi-perfect for me.

Even though the BMCC costs less than a variety of popular cams, it's obviously "camera enough" to shoot a variety of real productions, and handled properly, can yield excellent results.

The tricky thing of course is the "handled properly" part. I look forward to discovering how to best achieve the BMCC-specific aspects of that once my cam is delivered.

Cheers.

Return to Cinematography