Anybody using Blind Spot Junkie + BMPCC4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Swissified

Anybody using Blind Spot Junkie + BMPCC4K

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Blind Spot Gear BSG-1302-009-01 (BSG130200901) Power Junkie Dummy Battery - Canon LP-E6

This unit uses a dummy battery and seem to provide good power, so is anyone using it? What do you think of it?

Swissified

Re: Anybody using Blind Spot Junkie + BMPCC4K

PostSun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 am

Australian Image, do you have any suggestions as to an external power source? I see in another place using Sony L batteries......

Swissified

PostSun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 am

Thanks, that helps. I saw this one too: http://www.tearlachwales.com/batbox4k

I think I will investigate 18650 battery set-up.

Thanks for the advice and link.

Swissified

PostMon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Australian Image wrote:That's quite a clever setup. About time someone started thinking about bulk power sources other than V-Lock batteries.

Indeed I am tempted to go for the BatBox4k as I don't need 6 hours or more recording....... BUT anything over 2 hours I think would be excellent for my useage.

Robert Baker

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 11:47 am

Swissified wrote:Thanks, that helps. I saw this one too: http://www.tearlachwales.com/batbox4k

I think I will investigate 18650 battery set-up.

Thanks for the advice and link.

It looks like a really good deal until you see that the device is just for a plastic case and that you will need to supply the batteries and SSD cable. I'm looking for a more complete package rather then buying parts from many different places.
Small List of my current toolset:

BMPCC6k - EVA1 - GH5 - Canon R - DaVinci Resolve Studio - Adobe CC - Sony Soundforge 11 - Izotope RX7 - Izotope Elements

Swissified

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Robert Baker wrote:http://www.tearlachwales.com/batbox4k

It looks like a really good deal until you see that the device is just for a plastic case and that you will need to supply the batteries and SSD cable. I'm looking for a more complete package rather then buying parts from many different places.

I am only interested in the battery box. I have purchased Cfast 2.0 and some of the faster SD cards from Angelbird. Gone away from the SSD route. So an empty box is fine for me. If I did buy an SSD it would be the Wise SSD 1TB, which comes with the mounting screws, nothing else needed to attached it, and the USB-C cable of course which is in the box.

Swissified

PostSat Apr 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Australian Image wrote:That's quite a clever setup. About time someone started thinking about bulk power sources other than V-Lock batteries.

I decided to go with Hawkwoods VL-M50 battery and a 60cm cable to the DC socket. I have 3 Canon original batteries and hopefully I can put the smallish VL-M50 in a pocket as I intend and last long enough for my needs.

damienc1

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 5:25 am

Interesting that no one has answered your question. I recently bought the Power Junkie plus their LP-E6 battery for the BMPCC4K.

I promise to let you know how I go.

Robert Baker

PostFri Jul 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Swissified wrote:
Robert Baker wrote:http://www.tearlachwales.com/batbox4k

I am only interested in the battery box. I have purchased Cfast 2.0 and some of the faster SD cards from Angelbird. Gone away from the SSD route. So an empty box is fine for me. If I did buy an SSD it would be the Wise SSD 1TB, which comes with the mounting screws, nothing else needed to attached it, and the USB-C cable of course which is in the box.

I recently purchased the following: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
and connected it to:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I tested it for over an hour with the Pocket 4K recording 1080 60p to my T5 SSD with out an internal battery and it only lost 2 out of 5 battery lights. It does take a long time to recharge but it is rear I would need to run the P4K for more than an hourand a half at a time. I was just tired of the original battery dying after 20 min of shooting; I must have gotten an early addition bad version of the BMD LP-E6. My Canon LP-E6 never provided me over 40 min of shooting either so this will be a welcome change. Let's see how long it lasts.
Small List of my current toolset:

BMPCC6k - EVA1 - GH5 - Canon R - DaVinci Resolve Studio - Adobe CC - Sony Soundforge 11 - Izotope RX7 - Izotope Elements

John Griffin

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am

I've got 2 external Sony battery adapters - one with a dummy battery and one to the power socket but I just find it easier to use LP-E6 batteries and change them between takes. The amount of times I need to do very long takes that require the extra battery life are outweighed by the extra bulk,wiring and setup time.

Dean Turvey-Brown

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 8:06 am

damienc1 wrote:Interesting that no one has answered your question. I recently bought the Power Junkie plus their LP-E6 battery for the BMPCC4K.

I promise to let you know how I go.

Any latest news on how you've found using the Power Junkie? I'm interested to know before I purchase. Cheers

Return to Cinematography