Monitor/TV Video Village for BMMSC 24FPS

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Vincent Simoneau

Monitor/TV Video Village for BMMSC 24FPS

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm running two rigs with the BMMSC with some Atomos Shoguns via SDI. I also have two wireless HDMI TX/RX that I got however, i've notived that not many monitors and also tested TVs that are capable of displaying 1080p @ 23.97fps.

How are others doing it besides going with Wireless TX/RX in SDI? What should I be looking for or setting up the cam. I obviously don't want to shoot in interlaced and/or higher frame rate just to show the feeds on monitors.

Let me know your thoughts
Thanks everyone

Denny Smith

Re: Monitor/TV Video Village for BMMSC 24FPS

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 6:02 am

Most newer monitors/TVs that have 1080p supoirt should display 1080p23.97. Try testing at 1080p29.97 or 1080p24. Most TV monitors are HDMI, and I have used BM Mini SDI/HDMI Converters to feed the monitors that do not have a SDI input. Also check to see what the pass through signgnal from the Atomos recorders is sending out. My LixE will take the SDI I out signal and only display a 1080p30 signal out the HDMI, not a UHD or 1080p60 signal.

SmallHD has come out with a new line of monitors that include a wireless receiver setup, but they are no cheap.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Cinematography