Online source for compatible SD cards?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

kdemotorsports

Online source for compatible SD cards?

PostFri Mar 08, 2019 4:58 pm

I've searched and searched and I cannot find anyplace online that still sells the official approved SD cards for the Pocket Cinema Camera & my Mirco Cinema Camera. I currently only have 2 cards that work and I've been trying to buy one of the officially supported cards but no one seems to carry them anymore. I've purchased and returned many other variations of the 95Mb cards and just can't seem to track them down. Please help I love my BMPCC and BMMCC but I need more than 64GB cards that will work and more than 1 for each camera. Every search that leads me to the officially supported cards also leads me to a site that says they are backordered (discontinued) or it isn't actually the card with the supported model number.

kdemotorsports

Re: Online source for compatible SD cards?

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Ok, so after much searching the ONLY place I found them were direct from SandDisk and only in the 512GB version they do not even have the 256 or 128's. But I ordered 2 of the 512's one for each camera and I can report that with them RAW is possible without any dropped frames from my initial testing. It is important to note though which was news to me, the BMMCC can only do 60fps in ProRes not RAW. Overall though I'm happy I now have 2 cameras that are both capable and recording in RAW.

Here is the link in case anyone else is looking for it: https://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/ ... Card-512GB

Return to Cinematography