Who's a sexy cam then! P4k rotating LCD mod.

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Wayne Steven

Who's a sexy cam then! P4k rotating LCD mod.

PostThu May 09, 2019 12:52 pm

aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Colourberry

Re: Who's a sexy cam then! P4k rotating LCD mod.

PostThu May 09, 2019 12:57 pm

I think I'll be sticking to the Ninja V. Nice when you want to stand to the side and just rotate the Ninja.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dune00z

PostThu May 09, 2019 5:35 pm

Looks like a good way to void a warranty and be denied repair service for the life of the product. Is that exposed electrical components I see? And people thought the non-water resistant casing was a problem...

IN all seriousness, I don't get why connecting an external monitor is a hassle compared to the issues this mod may bring about. I can appreciate ingenuity as much as the next person, however I would not recommend this mod.

Que Thompson

PostThu May 09, 2019 5:57 pm

looks cool! next gen pocket will adapt something like this im sure.

Greg Lee

PostThu May 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Heck, I'd pay $400 to have that. External monitors are okay, but don't have touchscreen control of the camera.

KevinASmith

PostFri May 10, 2019 3:22 am

This is too funny--it's straight out of a Monty Python sketch. Can someone explain to me why there is this insistence by many people that the Blackmagic Pocket CINEMA CAMERA 4K be the Blackmagic Pocket Vloging Camera 4K?

Wayne Steven

PostFri May 10, 2019 3:42 am

Well, keep that pricing for a pro version though, its like $10 worth. From everybody's reactions, something should have been in the original. You want something that tilts when you work high or low, so you can see.

I'm going suggest something.

If BM ever does a better model with tilt screen and the same case mounts points inside, it would be possible to make the backside swappable with the existing camera's, using the existing mounted in the tilt mechanism. Take it to an official service centre to do the swap for $150US in 5 minutes. Would be a great PR campaign. How about it Grant?
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Wayne Steven

PostFri May 10, 2019 4:01 am

You know, I suggested an battery under carriage, but thinner then the current one, so the visual ratios look pleasing. I am going have another crack at it.

What about a pro cage grip, with extra batteries, mount points, hot swappable ssd's etc, as sleek and sexy as (and a micro version). Sort of, s that a camera you pulled from your pocket, or a Porsche (well not literally, it be hard to make that to still fit many peoples pockets). People like the look/form, and the next pocket can look like a slimmer version of the grip (and please with lite mount points to stick microphones, batteries, LCDs, lights, storage, and optional under mount section for a lens carrier (the camera and lens attaches to it and it carries the weight of both, and it mounts on a tripod. Maybe with a large battery mount point on the back of the lens mount, and optional shoulder shoulder mount with an rear battery mount over the back to balance it off to bring the camera forwards for viewing. So, the battery goes on the lens mount of the shoulder extends the connection to it's rear. The shoulder mount then connects to behind the camera, or under it. So both have two mounting points)). This would give you pretty dandy configurations in a, "I don't care if its not an Alexa" configuration. BM should have aimed one if the small cameras to be ideal for behind the scenes photography and videos. Which would get it noticed and people used to BM on set. So that's marketing.

Mr Grant, please? :)

experimentalexpressionlab

PostMon Jul 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi =)

I bought P4k last week and this is my first comment on this forum =)

I think the power supply is crucial issue who 's shooting something in nature. In this case The solution is would be better than external monitor.

The Blackmagic Design can make some upgrade kit for us, why not ? :shock:

Wayne Steven

PostTue Jul 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Yep. It's minimal what they make, and some of the third party extras are a but much. Water proof external+wireless monitor would be great.

Return to Cinematography