BMPCC4K with metabones EF to MFT no iris

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Gibsonsmith

PostWed May 15, 2019 3:44 pm

HELP!

I had to get my BMPCC4K replaced on warranty for a display problem. Prompt and easy warranty replacement. Problem is the replacement camera, with my Metabones adapter does not allow IRIS adjustment. It was working flawlessly on the original camera.

I've tried updating the camera firmware, and the Metabones firmware to no avail.

I've tried the Canon 100mm Macro, and the 17-40 F4.0. Both of which worked on the original camera.

Any suggestions?

rick.lang

PostWed May 15, 2019 6:35 pm

Do you have any EF lens that does work? Or go to a camera store and ask to test a lens? Look closely at the pins and contacts. Have you tried downgrading to the same level of software that ran successfully on the previous camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

Gibsonsmith

Re: BMPCC4K with metabones EF to MFT no iris

PostWed May 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Ive tried my 70-200 Canon lens also. Additionally I tried the Metabones on my Micro cinema camera. I was unable to get the metabones to adjust the iris on that camera either. At this point I am wondering if the Metabones adapter is to blame, although it is only a couple of months old and was working previously.

Denny Smith

Re: BMPCC4K with metabones EF to MFT no iris

PostThu May 16, 2019 12:08 am

If the Metabones adapter is not working on either camera, my money would be in the Metsbones adapter not working correctly. The reloading the firmware update on the SB, and see if that fixes it.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Cinematography