Metabones Speed Booster for BM4k with MFT Lens

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

zjdoliver

PostWed May 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi All,

I have a question regarding getting super35 on the BM4k.

I own the BM4k and a Fujinon MK 18-55. The lens is standard with Sony e-mount but I did purchase an adapter that converts it to MFT.

Is there a Metabones Speed Booster that will give me super35 (so i can use my full 18-55 lens) that will fit from BM4k to a e-mount or a MFT mount?

One additional note is that I have the SLR Animorphot 65 lens so when I go below 25mm vignetting appears.

Thanks!

Dune00z

Re: Metabones Speed Booster for BM4k with MFT Lens

PostWed May 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Unfortunately there would not be enough room with the focal reducer optics so there is not currently one available for Sony E to MFT as far as I know.

Denny Smith

PostWed May 22, 2019 5:09 pm

No, and their is no SB for MFT to MFT for the same obvious reason. SB need room for the optics and adapter mounts, and are for using large 135mm lenses on smaller format cameras, like MFT and 1-inch sensors, where the camera FFD is considerable shorter than the lens FFD. Sony E and MFT FFD are very close together, along with the new Nikon Z mount. ;)
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

rick.lang

PostWed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

zjdoliver wrote:Hi All,

... I own the BM4k and a Fujinon MK 18-55... One additional note is that I have the SLR Animorphot 65 lens so when I go below 25mm vignetting appears.

Thanks!

The SLR Magic 1.33x-65mm was designed for the Fujinon MK series zooms, but they warned it should only be used at focal lengths of 30mm and above. I was planning to test the SLR Magic 25mm APO prime, but it sounds like you’ve confirmed there’s no point using that lens with the Anamorphot.

The Anamorphot with the Fujinon MK (set to 30mm focal length) provides the horizontal angle of view of a 22.5mm prime. When you need to go wider, you could remove the Anamorphot, shoot in the 18-25mm range on the Fujinon MK and then in post crop for a Widescreen aspect ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rick Lang

zjdoliver

PostWed May 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Thank you all for your responses. That seems to be consistent with the research I have been doing as well but I figured that I'm not an expert i would ask.

Return to Cinematography