Supported PL lenses for URSA Mini Pro G2

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Supported PL lenses for URSA Mini Pro G2

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 7:47 pm

I'm looking for a list of supported PL lenses that can be mounted on the UMP G2 with the BMD PL mount. Can anyone point me to a link that has them listed? Otherwise, can we start a list here on what PL lenses have you use with the UMP G2 in PL mount and possible comment on your experience? I think that will help all subscribers and UMP G2 owners. I don't have a UMP G1 so I don't know if that camera supports interchangeable lens. If so, feel free to do that same and just mark it as "G1" so it is easily distinguishable. Thank you!
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Denny Smith

Re: Supported PL lenses for URSA Mini Pro G2

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 pm

It would be a much shorter list, to list the ones that do not. The Ursa Mini PL mount will take just about any PL Cine lens, except for a few older film lenses, that extended way back into the lens mount.

You have a choice of S16, STD Cine 35 and all the newer S35PL Mount lenses should fit just fine.
I have mounted the Angenieux S16 17.5-70 Zoom successfully on my Ursa Broadcast, same lens mount and built in filter setup to the Ursa Mini Pro V2, so they will take the same lenses.
Cheers.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Ellory Yu

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 9:14 pm

Listing the ones not compatible will surely be a shorter list and that's good too. How about lenses that actually supports the advertised compatibility with Cooke’s i/Technology protocol? I think that is what I was looking for. Thanks Denny.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Denny Smith

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 1:50 am

Cooke’s i technology lenses, all work with the Ursa Mini PL mount, which supports i system. All theses lenses are marked with a i on them. I have a Red Zoom which has i tech and it works just fine.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Cinematography