BMPCC 4k - Remap buttons functions - FW Update - Punch In

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

antoniojr

BMPCC 4k - Remap buttons functions - FW Update - Punch In

PostSun Jun 23, 2019 11:40 am

Hello guys, I was wondering if this could be asked here but I would like to suggest a feature that can noticeable improve the usability of the camera when using it in handheld.

Don't you guys think that the punch-in button to check focus is placed too low so you have to sort of lose grip when pressing it? At least, for my shooting style, I like to check focus time to time while im filming, I know many operators do so. I've been working with Canon Cinema and Sony FS Cameras and they all have that button in the handgrip, so easy to work with.

It would be ideal to have it where the AF, Iris button or the stills button are. In my opinion, this button is more useful than these two.

I think a remap option could be an easy fix update for upcoming firmwares. Either that or even add that focus magnify feature to the customisable function menus. Using that option in one of those 3 buttons would be even easier than pressing the current button.

What do you guys think?

Thank you!!

rgsofs7hand.jpg
rgsofs7hand.jpg (16.11 KiB) Viewed 601 times

canon-eos-c300-ef-24-105mm-l-is-usm-kit--5779b023_5.jpg
canon-eos-c300-ef-24-105mm-l-is-usm-kit--5779b023_5.jpg (226.34 KiB) Viewed 601 times

Return to Cinematography