How to change speed for audio in Fairlight?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

okiewardoyo

How to change speed for audio in Fairlight?

PostSun Dec 18, 2022 11:04 am

Dear all. I have a dialog voice audio that should be speed up. I edit audio, remove noise, change EQ etc in Fairlight Page. But i can not find an elegant way to speed up this dialog. It is not about 'Elastic Wave', but change speed duration of all the dialog.
--
In 'Edit Page' , there is a 'Change Clip Speed' feature. But using this feature make my dialog become roomed/reverbed and really hurt my ear.
--
Anyone here know how to speed up the voice audio without roomed/reverbed?
or
may be another VST?
or
may be another software?
Thanks.
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

jochenv1

Re: How to change speed for audio in Fairlight?

PostSun Dec 18, 2022 12:52 pm

elastic wave would be the internal option. but i am not happy with the result, others are though. my workaround is to do tile stretching stuff in logic and reimport the result to fairlight. i’m looking for a plug-in without a big price tag…

Steve Alexander

PostSun Dec 18, 2022 2:13 pm

You can do stretching in iZotope RX using the external processing mode. I guess it depends on the nature of the audio and how much you are changing the speed. Slight changes in speed sound pretty good using elastic wave for things like dialog but as you stretch more, you get that hollow, digital sound.
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 | Fusion Studio 19.0b1 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

okiewardoyo

PostMon Dec 19, 2022 1:59 am

Thanks jo and steve, after long night trial , i fond that Adobe Audition Stretch is the best solution. It can speed up and slowdown voice dialog without roomed/reverbed. The voice is clear enough like yoube speedup.
Adobe Audition Stretch.jpg
Adobe Audition Stretch.jpg (155.67 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

Matt.perrott

PostMon Dec 19, 2022 6:22 am

Pitch n Time Pro still the defacto standard for voice manipulation for me. It used to have a Fairlight version, would love to see its return. The voice mode is unreal. You will need PT to access that as well as a $1k license for the plugin.

Otherwise, I have heard good things abvout Revoice Pro but have not used it
Matt Perrott - Mighty Sound

DR Studio 18.x
Mac Studio M1 Max 32GB Ram - Ultra Studio 4k Mini, MTRX Studio / Digiface DANTE
MBP 16 Inch M1 Max 32GB Ram

FelixLeclerc

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 4:03 pm

Audacity is free software and has great speed, tempo, and pitch modifying tools. No need for an Adobe subscription.

Return to DaVinci Resolve