Unable to open a project 18.5 studio, please help!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DomSim

Unable to open a project 18.5 studio, please help!

PostWed May 01, 2024 6:16 pm

Hello all,

Hope I can get some help here since I have a real nightmare at the moment. I am working on a project since many hours on Resolve 18.5 that was totally fine yesterday and I am unable to open it today ? I had tried a lots of things but so far no luck. I did project back up I was finally able to open the project and but every time I try to open a timeline that was already finish it crash again ( not responding)? I did a new timeline on the same project as a test importing a few clips and when i wanted to delete the time line it crash again, all thumb nails of time line are black when i scroll over it ? I had try to update to 18.6.6 , nothing, reinstall 18.5 same result . I do not have any fusion effect. It's mostly long interviews.

My Nvidia rtx3070 is up to date, I did a system restore on my computer to go back a few days in case of windows problem.

Any help would be appreciate since I have to deliver soon and I do not want to start over.
Last edited by DomSim on Wed May 01, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Username

Re: Unable to open a project 18.5 studio, please help!

PostWed May 01, 2024 8:40 pm

A good start is with the FAQ and a bit down you will find how to produce and post the needed logs and information.
Without those, help will be close to impossible to give. :)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190
Grew up with a Nikon FM
Resolve & Fusion Studio 18.6
MBP M1 16GB/1TB
MM M1 16GB/512GB TB4 1TB & 2TB
MM i7 16GB/1TB & PowerColor Vega 56 8GB

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu May 02, 2024 4:17 am

Please see Petter Flink's replay above... follow the FAQs
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

DomSim

PostThu May 02, 2024 12:30 pm

Thank you for the advise, as you see I am new here :D I did the document needed ( log, DXDiag and System) so I should just post it here ?

Return to DaVinci Resolve