How to save edited Multi-cam files in timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ScottYoung

How to save edited Multi-cam files in timeline

PostFri May 10, 2024 8:11 am

I have just started using Davinci Resolve to edit files from my Atem mini pro extreme iso. I am shooting alone so i am just starting the atem recording and leave it running the whole shoot. The files are huge from my first shoot (500gb for the 8 iso files) . Most of the footage is useless and i would like to delete large clips on all the 8 videos generated by the atem. I also have in the timeline 18 audio tracks i have recorded in davinci. I have in the timeline a multi-cam video track with all 8 cameras and the 18 audio tracks. I have edited all of the useless footage and would like to now save all the individual video and audio tracks. Could someone please help. I cant seem to find the info anywhere. Thanks for any assistance.
Cheers
Scott Young

Darryl

Re: How to save edited Multi-cam files in timeline

PostSat May 11, 2024 12:27 am

Hi Scott,

I understand you are new to this, but I am not sure what the problem actually is. If you make changes inside Resolve, then those changes are saved when you save the project. If you have video files on the disk you don't want, then if you delete them then Resolve will mark them as off-line if you haven't also removed them from the project. Is this what you mean, or something else?

Darryl
Darryl Severn
The Videoverse by Darbeth
Livestreaming, Conferences, Info & Education, Events

Kit:
BMPCC 4K, Studio Cam 4K Pro, ATEM Mini Extreme ISO, Resolve Studio
DJI Inspire 2, Panasonic HCPV100,
Behringer XR16, Sennheiser XSW

visualfeast

PostSat May 11, 2024 3:30 am

Sounds like you want to keep some parts. Look into using the Project Manager to trim down to just the used parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
•Ryzen 5950x/64G/103TB RAID/4080 Super FE/Intensity Pro 4K/2x PA278CGV/U2415/Shogun 7/HPE LTO-6/Stream Deck XL
•ZBook 17 G3/64G/Quadro M5000M
•Inspiron 16+/32G/RTX3060
Resolve Studio v18.1.4 (x2)/Windows 10 Pro 22H2

ScottYoung

PostSat May 11, 2024 5:46 am

Thanks Darryl. I have 8 3 hour clips. I want to edit in multi cam using split and ripple delete and save all 8 individual clips in original format. I can just keep the selected clips occupying a much smaller space. Ive tried the media manager and the files stay the same size.

Return to DaVinci Resolve