Auto synchronization audio drives me crazy!!! Not be calm!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

indigogo

Auto synchronization audio drives me crazy!!! Not be calm!

PostSat May 11, 2024 11:00 am

I really want to :evil: be calm, love everyone and not experience negativity - but with your updates it’s impossible to remain calm!!!!!!!!
If you are doing something new, then you don’t have to spoil what already exists and works well!

Previously, auto synchronization audio via waveform worked perfectly with dialogues and separate sounds, both quiet and loud. Now it's broken, the dialogues are synchronized, the sounds are not!!!
Please return to normal operation. I have a lot of work with sound in addition to video, and this idiotic problem drives me crazy with 25 pieces of video that I now synchronize manually every day!!!!!!

The forum is constantly slow and requires a login every half hour - what the hell!!! :twisted:
Last edited by indigogo on Sat May 11, 2024 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Mees

Re: Auto synchronization audio drives me crazy!!! Not be cal

PostSat May 11, 2024 11:06 am

Not enough info.
What version are you having a problem with? On what OS, What are your hardware specs? What version was previously working for you?

indigogo

PostSat May 11, 2024 11:14 am

Andy Mees wrote:Not enough info.
What version are you having a problem with? On what OS, What are your hardware specs? What version was previously working for you?

Now DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta 2 and now it's a pain!!!
Before this I was 18 and everything was always great!

What does OS and hardware specs have to do with it??? Everything is the same as before!
There was always a Mac and the same hardware!

Oh yes, now I work in red thongs and they squeeze me... but before I always worked in shorts. This probably can somehow influence the problem... This is probably important information for determining what exactly the problem is!

They just need to check beta versions more thoroughly before releasing them and not suddenly throw away problematic software!!!

Andy Mees

PostSat May 11, 2024 11:22 am

You're posting in the wrong forum, Evgenij .... posts regarding the Public Beta should be made here:
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Regarding your completely misplaced fury. Its a beta, the clue is in the name. Lol. Why did you install a beta if you are not willing to accept unexpected issues?

Regarding the OS and hardware etc, BMD builds DaVinci Resolve versions for Windows, Mac and Linux. It's important to clearly specifically which platform(s) you are seeing an issue on because problems can be specific to the version you are running, the specific OS build you have installed, and/or your specific hardware, chipset etc In order for the devs to replicate your issue they may need to test under the same specific conditions that you are using, so you have to tell them what those conditions are.

indigogo

PostSat May 11, 2024 6:02 pm

Andy Mees wrote:You're posting in the wrong forum, Evgenij .... posts regarding the Public Beta should be made here:
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Regarding your completely misplaced fury. Its a beta, the clue is in the name. Lol. Why did you install a beta if you are not willing to accept unexpected issues?

Regarding the OS and hardware etc, BMD builds DaVinci Resolve versions for Windows, Mac and Linux. It's important to clearly specifically which platform(s) you are seeing an issue on because problems can be specific to the version you are running, the specific OS build you have installed, and/or your specific hardware, chipset etc In order for the devs to replicate your issue they may need to test under the same specific conditions that you are using, so you have to tell them what those conditions are.

Problems with auto synchronization of audio via waveform in version 19???? It's really funny and scary at the same time.
If such a simple feature option can have errors due to a beta version, then what can we say about the whole other set of features?

dgbarar

PostSat May 11, 2024 7:30 pm

indigogo wrote:
What does OS and hardware specs have to do with it??? Everything is the same as before!

Hi I:

Autosync based on waveform in version 19 beta 2 works for me on a late 2021 M1Max MBP operating under MacOS version 14.4.1. What operating system are you using? I know you have been asked this question already, but there are differences between MacOS, Windows and Linux. Answering this question might help others solve your issue.

Don

BTW. This guy shows it working in version 19 beta. I believe he uses Windows.
2021 MBP 16 M1Max, 32 core GPU, 64 GB RAM, MacOS 14.4.1 DRS 19 Beta 2

indigogo

PostSat May 11, 2024 9:35 pm

dgbarar wrote:
indigogo wrote:

Hi I:

Autosync based on waveform in version 19 beta 2 works for me on a late 2021 M1Max MBP operating under MacOS version 14.4.1. What operating system are you using? I know you have been asked this question already, but there are differences between MacOS, Windows and Linux. Answering this question might help others solve your issue.

Don

BTW. This guy shows it working in version 19 beta. I believe he uses Windows.

Hi, I'm working on MacOS
And this problem does not depend on the operating system. They made improvements to auto synchronization and spoiled the quality of the synchronization algorithms for complex sounds.
I’ve been working in DaVinci for a long time, including with sound, and I know that it’s most likely not an error, but the quality of synchronization in the waveform has deteriorated
It just happened and that's the trick, in most simple and in medium difficulty cases it still works, but for complex sound options it no longer works.
If I have time and I’m not too lazy, I’ll upload the files and you can try to synchronize them yourself and I give you 100% that you won’t succeed!!!
Although previously it always worked 100% on the same files

Joe Shapiro

PostSat May 11, 2024 11:56 pm

You may very well have found a case accidentally broke because they don’t test for the specific thing you’re relying on. Nobody can test for everything.

If you provide a reproducible test case then they have a good shot at fixing it. Right now all I hear is it’s not working for you.

Please provide the specific media that’s not syncing and preferably a video with you narrating explaining what you’re expecting and showing it not working.

The media is super important. Plus steps to reproduce the problem. The video is helpful but optional.
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 19b2
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.4.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

Return to DaVinci Resolve