Beginner tips/setup?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

carpjc

Beginner tips/setup?

PostMon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

I did do some searches and I do have some basic programming experience, but I am lost trying to get setup. I am hoping someone can help me get setup/started.

I am new to developing for Resolve and hoping I can get pointed in the right direction. I have previously done some programming in Rust, and Javascript and some web development, but I don't use python or Lua. I usually use VsCode for development. I did take a look at the newish SDK documentation and honestly I'm not sure where to start?

Mostly I think I'm kinda hoping someone can let me know how to get VsCode to do Intellisense for the Resolve API in Lua.

My eventual first project is just to iterate through text titles in my timeline in the edit screen. Then to iterate through lines in them and apply a different color to each line. I know this will look terrible, but I think it will give me a sense of how to do some of the things I will want to do. I am not looking for someone to tell me how to do that. However, if it's not possible in the API I would like to know that. If it is possible, I'd like to know how to get VsCode setup so I can fumble my way through the API and learning Lua to do it on my own.

Thanks.

Return to DaVinci Resolve