Davinci freezes render in specific frames

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jakub Maly

Davinci freezes render in specific frames

PostTue May 14, 2024 10:29 pm

Hi,
so as the title says, Im currently having some troubles with rendering my projects.

My projects use a lot of fusion compositions and while rendering them it just drops to 0fps and then it is frozen and only time is going up to infinity. Ive already faced these issues several times and i managed to fix them, but in my recent project it is getting kinda frustrating to watch every single clip of my video get frozen.

The first time i managed to solve this issue was when i restarted fusion composition of one of my clips which got frozen. it was some weird thing going on in time stretcher. then it happened many times more, so ive changed all of them and it worked, but then it started to freeze on my other composition in which i havent used time stretcher. so ive came here looking for some advice.

I also think that it cant be anything with my specs, because ive already tried to render this specific project on two computers with different specs (only SSD were simular).
(using free version of davinci resolve 19)

Uli Plank

Re: Davinci freezes render in specific frames

PostWed May 15, 2024 3:40 am

Nevertheless, tell the forum about your hardware(s).
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.7, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5 with 19b3 (sandbox)
SE, UltraStudio Monitor G3

Return to DaVinci Resolve