DaVinci Resolve Multichannel Audio muted in clip atributes

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Enuye_

DaVinci Resolve Multichannel Audio muted in clip atributes

PostWed Aug 24, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi!

I'm currently working on a big project and we are having the following Issue. The project was edited in Premiere using merged clips , but when we wanted to export an AAF to Protools we run into a problem where the audio had it's metadata wrong (we know now merged clips for synching it's a no go). I've seen that a good solution for it is exporting an XML to DaVinci and then going back to Premiere. The thing is, when I import the XML in Davinci, the multitrack audio has most of the channels muted. When I go inside the clip attributes i can see 4 out of 5 channels muted, i only have to assign it's correct audio channel for it to worked.

The problems there are far to many audio clips and channels muted to do it manually. Is there any solution to batch un-mute them?

Joe Shapiro

Re: DaVinci Resolve Multichannel Audio muted in clip atribut

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 8:23 am

If I understand you correctly I think you can just select them all, right-click and pick Clip Attributes, go to the Audio tab, and assign channels as you see fit. That’s what I’ve been doing.

There are some issues if the tracks present are not uniform across all clips but I’d give this a go and see how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 19b2
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.4.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.2.1

Vojta Filipi

Re: DaVinci Resolve Multichannel Audio muted in clip atribut

PostWed May 22, 2024 10:06 am

I have same problem, when I import stuff from .XML, this needs to be fixed

Return to DaVinci Resolve