Help for making quiz video

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

sananeulan

Help for making quiz video

PostThu Jun 29, 2023 3:18 pm

Hello,

I'm thinking to make a series of quiz videos on youtube. Nothing special, just multiple choice questions.
I want to animate texts on the screen. Questions fading in and out,c hoices appearing and wrong answers dissapear when time is up etc.

I haven't used any video editing program before, so wanted to ask if you can help me how to achieve this with davinci resolve.
I can just think of creating this simple quiz in some presentation application, and then import all of the images to davinci resolve. And I am stuck how can animate each part of text effectively/easily/optimally.

Thanks if you can help me with this, I would appreciate it.

Ali

Jim Simon

Re: Help for making quiz video

PostSun Jul 02, 2023 3:28 pm

Start here.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ning#books

Go completely through at least the Beginners and Visual Effects books.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

sananeulan

PostMon Jul 03, 2023 7:39 pm

Thanks, I have started to watch and read training tutorials already.

Now I can achieve the simple movement of the photos, but I will need a solution to do it automatically.

I think of creating custom effect preset/ macro, but can not be sure it is the way to go for optimal solution.

If you have any idea and share it, I would appreciate it.

Thank you Jim Simon

castrorec

PostWed May 22, 2024 1:42 pm

I’ve used DaVinci Resolve for a few projects and it’s great for animating text. Start by adding your questions and choices as text layers. Use the keyframe function to animate them. For fading in/out, set keyframes at the start and end of the text layer with the opacity set to 0% and 100%. For choices appearing and disappearing, use the same keyframes for opacity or try the “Fusion” tab for more complex animations.

Including clips from trending movies can make your quizzes more engaging. Platforms like YouTube and Clip.cafe offer a variety of scenes. You can find more info on integrating movie scenes into your videos here: https://medium.com/@clipdotcafe/heres-w ... 798ee4edec.
Last edited by castrorec on Mon May 27, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howard Roll

PostWed May 22, 2024 2:22 pm

I don’t think you’d need any kind of macro where copy/paste would be sufficient. Build one question then copy/paste, change text, adjust accordingly, rinse, repeat.

Good Luck

Return to DaVinci Resolve