The Retime Clip in Edit is AWESOME!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Paul Wolf

The Retime Clip in Edit is AWESOME!

PostWed Dec 17, 2014 12:51 pm

so so awesome.

The speed point is out of this world. perfect.
I can't go back to smoke or flame Time Warp effect now.. just can't.

Thank you Resolve team.

RufusBlackwell

Re: The Retime Clip in Edit is AWESOME!

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 2:56 am

I have to say I disagree with you on that.

By using keyframes on the timing channel of the timewarper in Flame and Smoke you can achieve everything done here but with far more precision.

If Resolve truly wants to move in to the online editing market timewarping is one thing that BM really need to work on. I understand why it seems easy to use, however when needing absolute precision at the final online stage you need finer tools to work with.

Resolve also needs much more precise motion blur and motion estimation tools.

I guess we will have to wait for the integration with Fusion to see whether this can be achievable.
DroneFX.tv

Dermot Shane

PostFri Dec 19, 2014 5:27 am

I have to agree with Rufus on this one, combined with the lack of any paint tools or comp tools to fix boundry violations makes it pretty impossible to get a great result

Looking forward to integration with Fusion tho

Paul Wolf

PostSat Dec 20, 2014 10:56 pm

RufusBlackwell wrote:I have to say I disagree with you on that.

By using keyframes on the timing channel of the timewarper in Flame and Smoke you can achieve everything done here but with far more precision.

If Resolve truly wants to move in to the online editing market timewarping is one thing that BM really need to work on. I understand why it seems easy to use, however when needing absolute precision at the final online stage you need finer tools to work with.

Resolve also needs much more precise motion blur and motion estimation tools.

I guess we will have to wait for the integration with Fusion to see whether this can be achievable.

well to be honest we are upgrading from flame 2010 to the 2015 this month, so i hope the time warper tool improved.. in my 2010 flame it was pretty tricky to make the timeworp work.. could know when the clip ended.. control its length.. didn't see it in context with the one after.. now with the timeline i guess its better, will have to wait and see..

Return to DaVinci Resolve