DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta 4 Bug Reports

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Avi Vinkler

Re: DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta 4 Bug Reports

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 pm

Having export issues as well.
I am on Late 2015 iMac, i7 16GB, and the Radeon R9 M395X

When I try to export an AAF/QT Ref (which I imported from Avid's export), it keep on freezing, can't finish the export, when I try to save or exit I get the error attached, then I have to force quit.

I went back to 12.5 and its smooth, much slower but doesn't freeze.

Any Ideas?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.52.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 11.52.31 AM.png (88.24 KiB) Viewed 20749 times

Richard Halle

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 12:33 am

Newblue Titler pro 5 reports error in Resolve 14. See attached error message.

I Have the latest driver for my NVidia GeForge 1070. I rebooted Davinci: same error message.
Attachments
Titler Pro Error.png
Titler Pro Error.png (23.78 KiB) Viewed 20749 times
Resolve Studio 15.1.2
Win 10 Pro 64 ! Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70 GHz | 32Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Gb |
Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor 4K

Christoph Rager

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 9:11 am

Color difference between Color Page and Edit Page. Resolve 14b3 and 14b4

I can see a huge color shift when I switch to the Edit Page. In the Color Page the colors are fine and represents the colors of my external calibrated decklink monitor but in the edit view, the colors on the PC Screen are gone. Even the Source Video viewer shows the wrong colors.

Screenshots Color Page (Right):

Screenshot Edit Page (Wrong):

GTX1080 Strix Graphics Card. No Issues on Resolve 12.5
External stays always correct.

It seems as if the viewer LUT is always "use video monitor selecetion" even with no lut selected. But only in the edit page.
Monitor Corrected with displaycal.

Best Chris

Abdelrahman Magdy

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 12:24 pm

This is more of a feature request than a bug.

Yesterday, I have had my first proper editing trial with Resolve 14b4, and I've got to say I was really impressed with the whole experience, but that is a topic for a different discussion.

The one thing that stood out as constantly annoying was the fact that if a clip or an edit is selected and I use the up/down arrows to jump between edit points, it kept change the selected clip/edit to follow the playhead.

Now, that behavior is really useful in some cases. It was useful yesterday when I needed to tweak some settings in the Inspector for multiple clips, as I only needed to jump to these clips, without needing to constantly select them.

However, for general timeline navigation, this behavior is a real pain in the back.

Therefore, what I am suggesting is, instead of getting rid of that behavior, just make it an optional one. To use Premiere as an example, it has two different commands. The first one is 'Go to next/previous edit point', which behaves in a similar way to Resolve.

The second command is called 'Go to next/previous edit point on any track' which jumps between edit points without constantly changing the selected one, if any is selected.

PLEASE, PLEASE consider that one for the official release of Resolve 14 (if possible) because it is really annoying.

Thank you.
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 16.1.0.055
Fusion Studio version: 9.0.2
CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz Quad-Core
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti 11GB

Maciej Antosiewicz

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Hello,

I have strange problem with 14b4 - on my laptop when i put LUT on raw footage from F55 it is started to look like 256 colors (on preview and when rendered) - screen attached. When i applayed the same LUT on same footage on 12.5.6 it looks normal.

I don't know what is going on - it might be problem with my "not normal" GPU - it's iris 550, anyway on previous version it's working.

It is not super important - i'am usually working on different PC but i found it so providing report :)
Attachments
test.png
test.png (867.49 KiB) Viewed 20762 times

Christoph Rager

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 7:04 pm

I could specify the color shift bug a little more. Its a LUT problem.
If a LUT for the video monitor is used, it uses the same lut on the viewer in the edit page regardless what you set on the viewer lut... in the color page the behaviour is correct.

Best Chris

JimmyG

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 4:31 am

I know this is not actually a bug, but a feature request or feature question..

I regularly create a separate disk database for every project that gets included in the "umbrella" folder that contains footage, renders etc. so that if I move from machine to machine or have to pass on the project to someone else then it's easy to know that everything about the project is encapsulated. What is the workflow that supports that concept in v14?

Tobias Heilmann

Beta 4 Bug Report: Audio Panorama gets stuck

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Every now and then, an audio clip decides to only play on the left channel regardless whether the track is mono or stereo. Using the pan room changes nothing. If I pan to the right, I loose the audio all together. The only thing that fixes this for me at the moment is replacing the clip on the timeline.
In Touch Media
Germany

System Info:

Resolve 18 b3
OS X 11.6.2

Model: Mac Pro 2019
Processor: 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
RAM: 384 GB
GPU: (2) AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Picture out via DeckLink 8K Pro
Audio Out via Motu 112D

Tobias Heilmann

Beta 4 Bug Report: Audio Meter - Master

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 1:56 pm

The Master meter is lagging behind significantly (1 sec+) and seems to have no detail in terms of what it is showing me. It visually appears as if the meter is updated once per second and moves from one value to the next value...
In Touch Media
Germany

System Info:

Resolve 18 b3
OS X 11.6.2

Model: Mac Pro 2019
Processor: 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
RAM: 384 GB
GPU: (2) AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

Picture out via DeckLink 8K Pro
Audio Out via Motu 112D

Euan Robertson

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Also chiming in, audio keyframes still not working at all for me.

Win 10 x64
Last edited by Euan Robertson on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viacheslav Slavinsky

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 3:17 pm

14 beta 4. Audio disappears for certain clips. Comes back after restarting. Infuriating, because it happens all of the time.

Sandro Circi

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 5:07 pm

14 Beta 4 (non-studio) Windows (10 Pro 64-bit) in Fairlight I can see and use my VST's but if I try to open the window to change some settings, it's so small (looks like 400x300) that I can not access some settings, they works just fine in other programs. Using ReaPlugs VST's (http://www.reaper.fm/reaplugs/).
Sandros94
Davinci Resolve Studio
Personal Cameras: Nikon Z9, P4K, GH5
Main Rig: Win11 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, 64GB, GTX1660Ti
Second Rig: Win10 Pro, i7 4790k, 32GB, GTX1050Ti
Outdoor pc: HP Pavilion (14-ce0029nl), i5 8250U, 8GB, UHD620

Corrado Magalotti

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 pm

DaVinci 14b4 iMac osx 10.12.5, also here on occasion clips will no longer play. GUI is responsive. A Save, Quit and reopen app remedies the problem until it reoccurs.
Sometimes on applying a FX on node, btw working on nodes (add, delete or else)

edited. disconnecting the 2nd monitor with ultra studio mini monitor thunderbolt, the behaviour disappear.
maybe is a driver problem? mine is 10.8.5
Corrado Magalotti
Tam Tam Studio Rec. / soundchess.tv
Italy

Vaclav Chaloupka

Re: Corrupted PowerGrades - not saving and crashing

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 10:29 pm

In the Color workspace, when I click PowerGrade, Resolve freezes - stops responding - I have to kill it and start again. When I grab a still and drag & drop it to PowerGrade, then I can click on PowerGrade and it will show it fine. But when I restart Resolve, it will crash after clicking to PowerGrade again. And when I move another still there and go to the PowerGrade, the grade I moved there previously is not there anymore.
I have tried to add another PowerGrade and remove the previous one, but it did not help (I am thinking this is how the whole thing started, that I have created new PowerGrade and removed the previous one.

Joey Stephenson

PostSun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 pm

Resolve 14 beta wont play audio on compound clips.

Win 7 - GTX970
Last edited by Joey Stephenson on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Golding

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 4:07 am

In Preferences, if GPU selection is set to Auto, Resolve seems to opt for onboard rather than card based graphics and the result on the Edit page is very stuttery footage. I set it to manual and selected the NVIDIA card and all is well.

Steve

Viacheslav Slavinsky

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

Joey Stephenson wrote:Resolve 14 beta wont play audio on compound clips.

Not sure if related:
I created two timelines. Then I created a third timeline using the first two as clips. This new timeline is permanently mute forever. Unlike my previous message, where the problem can be aleviated by restarting Resolve, this happens 100% of the time and cannot be helped.

Also, some of the clips (of the bunch created by ffmpeg with identical parameters, DNxHR HQ UHD, AAC 192kbps mono), just would not display peaks. This does not seem to be related to them going randomly mute, but it's hard to be sure.

Also, Fairlight tab brings my system to a near halt if I move mouse cursor over a timeline clip. It kind of ungrinds if I switch back to one of the other workspaces.

Also, after putting the system to sleep and waking up, Resolve would not start at all. When rebooting, I saw a nondescript crash message dialog.

Resolve 14 beta 4, Windows 10.

Tomasz_Szurlej

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 am

I had audio artifacts after exporting my project with EQ (Equalizer) effect (Fairlight Tab). So I denoised the audio in Audacity, took it back to DaVinci, applied no effects, rendered, it was fine then.
Version with the bug:
artifacts.png
Version with bug
artifacts.png (19.6 KiB) Viewed 21018 times

FlorinCoter

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:40 am

Hi All,

DR 14 B4 crashes after the opening panel at any action attempted. Task manager is needed to kill all the processes.

W7 64b, all updated.

Regards,
Florin.

John Paines

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 am

Abdelrahman Magdy wrote:The one thing that stood out as constantly annoying was the fact that if a clip or an edit is selected and I use the up/down arrows to jump between edit points, it kept change the selected clip/edit to follow the playhead.

Now, that behavior is really useful in some cases. It was useful yesterday when I needed to tweak some settings in the Inspector for multiple clips, as I only needed to jump to these clips, without needing to constantly select them.

However, for general timeline navigation, this behavior is a real pain in the back.

I would just add here that no timeline command is more invoked or reflexive than next/previous clip. And because it's so habitual and automatic, there's no way to "learn" that it will work relative to the playhead only some of the time.

This isn't the only shortcoming of the Resolve NLE, but it's by far the worst one in my view, since it causes constant disruption. Look at Avid, Premiere, Edius, Lightworks or FCP -- they don't force anyone to work this way.

JF Robichaud

DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta 4 - Viewer unresponsive

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Once in a while, the viewer becomes unresponsive, no matter what I do (this affects both source and timeline viewers as well as external monitoring). I can still navigate the interface and switch to different pages (edit, color, etc.), but playback no longer works. To be clear, if I hit space or click play, the play icon will turn orange, but nothing happens. If I move the playhead manually, the highlighted clip will change in the Edit Index, but the viewer is unresponsive and timecode will not update. I have to quit the program to fix the issue, which occurs very frequently.

This has happened with multiple projects. The current project uses 1080p23.976 Prores 422 and Prores 4444 as source media and H.264 as offline reference. I can reproduce the problem within seconds by putting a Prores 4444 with alpha in V2 and playing it back in the timeline, while the source viewer is in Offline mode: it will work for a few seconds then freeze. This has also happened with just standard Prores 422 (no alpha transparency). It happens both in the Edit page and Color page.

MacOS Sierra (10.12.4)
iMac Retina 5K Late 2015
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
32 GB 1867MHz DDR3

Matt Haynie

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Looking at the following image in the media window completely breaks viewing of *all* media in Resolve, and requires a restart to fix.

dashed_line.png: http://pazer.us/s/2h.png

Example:

Gabriel Maldonado

Re: DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta 4 - Viewer unresponsive

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 7:29 pm

I have the same problem. No matter the source media. I've been working with RAW media files too. Same problem every time.

JF Robichaud wrote:Once in a while, the viewer becomes unresponsive, no matter what I do (this affects both source and timeline viewers as well as external monitoring). I can still navigate the interface and switch to different pages (edit, color, etc.), but playback no longer works. To be clear, if I hit space or click play, the play icon will turn orange, but nothing happens. If I move the playhead manually, the highlighted clip will change in the Edit Index, but the viewer is unresponsive and timecode will not update. I have to quit the program to fix the issue, which occurs very frequently.

This has happened with multiple projects. The current project uses 1080p23.976 Prores 422 and Prores 4444 as source media and H.264 as offline reference. I can reproduce the problem within seconds by putting a Prores 4444 with alpha in V2 and playing it back in the timeline, while the source viewer is in Offline mode: it will work for a few seconds then freeze. This has also happened with just standard Prores 422 (no alpha transparency). It happens both in the Edit page and Color page.

MacOS Sierra (10.12.4)
iMac Retina 5K Late 2015
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
32 GB 1867MHz DDR3

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Your link downloads a short, centered, thin horizontal line, called 2h.png, not the GeForce 1080 card image that appears to hang Resolve in your video. Is that correct?
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Dickon Whitehead

Re: DaVinci Resolve 14 Beta 4 Bug Reports, Fairlight Equaliz

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Mac Version running in Sierra, Bug with built in Channel Eq on Fairlight page. Same problem 2 ways.

1.Make eq adjustment, including 'q' change to anything narrower than default position. Leave eq window open
2.Click anywhere on another audio channel
3.Click anywhere on original channel eq
4.The original q adjustment is now lost with all q settings returned to default wide position

1.Make eq adjustment, including 'q' change to anything narrower than default position. Close Eq window
2.Click anywhere on another audio channel
3.Re-open original eq window.
4.The original q adjustment is now lost with all q settings returned to default wide position

Further question: Is there anyway to copy and paste audio settings between channels?
27" 2013 iMac, 3.4GHz i5, 24gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
Yosemite Os

Matt Haynie

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your link downloads a short, centered, thin horizontal line, called 2h.png, not the GeForce 1080 card image that appears to hang Resolve in your video. Is that correct?

The GeForce 1080 card image just happens to be what I was viewing before I viewed the 50x1 png image. It has nothing to do with the problem. Attempting to view the 50x1 png image is what breaks the application.

Mike Halper

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm

I'm noticing that temporal noise reduction doesn't seem to do anything to the first frame of every clip it's applied to, and it eases in over the first few frames. Adding handles to the renders does not help.
IMac Pro Hackintosh, 10 core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon VII, Decklink 4K Mini Monitor, macOS 10.14.5, DaVinci Resolve Studio license

David Skok

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 pm

How to immediately reproduce freeze of the Player Window on a Mac - using YouTube & Chrome Browser

I have been pulling my hair out with the latest release of Resolve 14b4 as the player window crashes within a few minutes of starting working with it. The symptoms are that the player window will no longer play video, but all the rest of the UI remains active. Quitting and restarting is the only way to fix the problem.

What I will describe below is not the only way to freeze the player window, as I have also had it freeze just by doing operations in Resolve, not going to any other application. But this might help you debug that problem.

Screencast of the steps to make the freeze happen immediately:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb1O0GliI6

Steps: Launch Resolve. Open a project. Play a clip that has a grade applied. Switch to Chrome browser, open YouTube, and play a video. Switch back to Resolve. The player window will have frozen, and will no longer play.

In case useful, I have also attached the Diagnostic Logs created immediately after opening Resolve post the freeze.
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20170626-195122.zip
Diagnostic Logs from Resolve after the crash
(704.24 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

Here is another version of that freeze bug where it happened instantly on loading Resolve:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb1O0pliIc

I have a fully maxed out 2017 MacBook Pro 15", running the latest Mac OS 10.12.5.

I hope this helps fix the problem. PLEASE GET US A NEW BETA RELEASE WHERE THIS IS FIXED FAST AS THE CURRENT VERSION IS TOTALLY UNUSABLE!

Many thanks, David Skok

David Skok

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 1:11 am

Addition to the prior bug report - Instant freeze of the Player Window by switching to Chrome and playing a YouTube video

It seems that this freeze is caused by the Panasonic GH5 video clips, and doesn't happen in another timeline with clips from various Sony cameras.

So to make life easy for you to reproduce, I have shared a couple of Panasonic GH5 clips that you can use in your own timeline. Also exported the Project so you can use that timeline if you wish. Inside the project, the timeline is called Cape Sunset.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jaog4by14vsy ... IBM8a?dl=0

By the way, I should make it clear that I have not seen any player window freezes in the prior beta version 14.0.0b.029. The version that is crashing is 14.0.0b.037.

I hope this is helpful.
Best, David Skok

Michael McCaffrey

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 3:15 am

Resolve 14b4 video display in fairlight tab appears slanted with colors distorted.

This is consistent on two machines I am working on. Both macs. It has been doing this in every release of Resolve 14. This appears to be happening primarily when I am using a project with custom frame size, because when I switch to UHD 3840x2160 or some other preset, then the video display in fairlight appears correct. I switch back to my custom frame size 2.6k, then it distorts again.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.12.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.12.41 PM.png (732.59 KiB) Viewed 21096 times
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Michael McCaffrey

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 3:22 am

Resolve 14b4 on Mac Sierra 10.12, MBP mid-2015.

For some reason my 3 minute music track is all crammed into a 15 second section. On playback it also is playing the music track superfast wheras the rest of the audio is playing back fine at normal speed.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.20.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 8.20.18 PM.png (47.45 KiB) Viewed 21092 times
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Ivar Stolfot

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:06 am

In DR (not the Studio version):

* Sony A9 H.264 clips play ok on timeline, however in the export it gets stuck (especially slow) on some clip changes (there are no transitions) when rendering and the export result contains some flicker frames with "media offline" text at those slow rendering points.

* Dragging multiple still images into the media pool created automatically a single clip, when double clicking on it to get it into the source viewer the DR craches.

Win10 x64, GTX1080, 32G RAM

Isaac Worley

Repeated Crashing in Resolve 14 Beta 4

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Resolve will work fine until i open a project. After that, my media pool turns red, and after about 2 seconds, the project shows an empty timeline and displays the project name as Untitled Project. When I go to perform any task, such as import media, the program freezes and eventually closes. Originally, I was getting an error message that states that I have no CUDA accelerated device and the program closed. I restarted my computer to test if this would solve the problem, and my display driver started crashing every time i open Resolve. I updated my driver, and now I have the problem that I mentioned above. I am not getting an error message about it not responding from Windows either, it just freezes and then crashes.
Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 645 3.1Ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050
Memory: 6GB DDR3
Storage type: 1TB HDD

Isaac Worley

Re: Repeated Crashing in Resolve 14 Beta 4

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 pm

no cuda.PNG
no cuda.PNG (8.36 KiB) Viewed 20981 times
Processor: AMD Athlon II x4 645 3.1Ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX 1050
Memory: 6GB DDR3
Storage type: 1TB HDD

Ryan Ragle

Some Fairlight issues

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Duplicating a timeline does not bring over the plug-ins (Waves AU C1 comp OS X) put in on the channels of the Fairlight workspace.

Clearing the audio to 0.0db by double clicking on an audio volume line is hit and miss. I had a project in V12 that I decided to re-master the audio and give 14b4 a try. I was continually trying reset the tracks to 0.0 and coming back to a clip, it would retain the original db settings I had. Not sure if Fairlight is in a fight with volume adjustments I originally made in the edit workspace. To verify, I went back to the edit workspace and made sure they were all set to 0. I then returned to the Fairlight workspace to find audio db levels again to original settings when opened (not 0.0 as I was hoping)

I've also run into having a mono track that is somehow panned heavy to the right. I've disabled pan in the fairlight channel controls to no avail.

Toggling play with the spacebar is flaky in Fairlight. Sometimes I just have to click on the play button.

That being said, I'm still excited for this release once the kinks get worked out.

ShandaEscoto

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 11:23 pm

I downloaded DaVinci 14 Public Beta (free)

I followed the basic download instructions, opened up the program, created a new project and when I double click to open the project, the project manager closes and nothing else happens. I don’t get an error report and the project window doesn’t open. When I reopen Davinci Resolve, the project is gone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did I miss a step along the way? Any suggestions?

I am using windows 10

Philipp Ringli

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 9:53 am

Hi all,

I am new to DaVinci and this forum.

I just installed the latest Studio Beta.
One thing I noticed: Why are the media thumbnails always re-rendering when switching between bins?
It is taking a while to render them each time, albeit I have a very capable rig (footage on SSD).
This slows down the workflow of jumping between bins and organizing footage.

Cheers
Philipp
Hackintosh, Mac OS 10.13.6, 32GB DDR4 @3200
Resolve 15.2.2
Intel Core i7-8700 4.2Ghz
64GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11263 MB

Miguel Ibáñez

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 3:28 pm

En las cuatro versiones de DaVinci 14, he comprobado el mismo error "gran error" si hay algún corte de red a la base de datos SQL el proyecto desaparece de la base de datos y aunque salgas del proyecto grabando, cuando vuelves a iniciar DaVinci el proyecto ha desaparecido.

Traductor google

In the four versions of DaVinci 14, I checked the same error "big mistake" if there is a network cut to the SQL database the project disappears from the database and even if you leave the project recording, when you restart DaVinci the Project has disappeared.
win10 pro x64
MSI X99A, 32GB RAM, i7 5930 3,5GHz
nvidia GTX 1080

Seth Geiser

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 8:09 pm

When I try to use stroke on any of these titles...
L Lower 3rd
M Lover 3rd
R Lower 3rd
...stroke only applies to the subtitle text. It doesn't apply to both title and subtitle. Is it supposed to be that way? I think it's been that way even in stable 12.x.x, but it seems a little odd, nonetheless.
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64bit
OS Drive: Sabrent Rocket 4 500GB
Second SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4+ 1TB
Mass Storage: WD Black 6TB 7200 RPM
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

André Tavares

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 2:53 am

Today I encountered a very serious problem while testing the Dirt and Dust Removal tool. When selecting the dirt area with the rectangle didn't clean and frame became black, then I restarted the software and black black frame was still there so I went to check the original file (Canon C500 Raw file) and for my surprise it was corrupted. Each frame from Canon Raw is 11.3MB in size and the corrupted frame was 10.9MB in size. That happened on 3 frames. Sorry about my english!

My specs:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Processador 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
Memória 32GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Placa Gráfica AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB
MPro2013 MacOS 10.13.4, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3,
Radeon D700, Resolve Studio 15 Beta

benwalterdirector

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 5:35 am

Still no audio fades/transitions! PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Andrew Devis

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Working on a project and saving stills to apply to other clips later on, the node graphs disappear quite quickly from the still after the still has been grabbed. I tried several methods, including keeping the original footage/grade in the project with the still and also just keeping the still without the clip and grade in Resolve (which is what I wanted to do) but in both cases the node graph is empty after a short time. I did get it to work but I had to do it quite fast and shortly after the stills had no graph tree again although the applied grade stuck to the new clip just fine.

Also, applying Red Giant Cosmo causes Resolve to crash fyi (at least the version of Cosmo I have 2.0.5) I can apply it as a stand alone node but once it is added to the node tree Resolve closes down.

Donnell Henry

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 12:24 am

Resolve 14 beta 4. When selecting a clip in the edit page davinci resolve crashes.
mac os 10.12.5 mac pro late 2013 d500 6 core on an Ultra Hd timeline in resolve
GODS CREATE

Ross Wood

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 7:32 am

Nicolas Guillou wrote:Hello,
When we have a master timeline with some timelines inside : no sound when played.
Thanks for your work :)

I had this problem and solved it by (ensure the video and audio are linked) right clicking and 'decompose in place'. It reverts the clip back to the original.

Ross Wood

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 7:35 am

Daniel Stern wrote:
Nicolas Guillou wrote:Hello,
When we have a master timeline with some timelines inside : no sound when played.
Thanks for your work :)

I can confirm that. Not only with nested timelines, also with compound clips.

Right click on the clip and 'decompose in place'. It definitely needs to be fixed though. This is a work around.

Ross Wood

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 7:49 am

Really enjoying playing around with 14. Suggestion. It would be very helpful if in 'color' the grade memories could be listed in numbers instead of alpha as you load them using numbers, not letters. By the time I get down to G or H I have to work out which corresponding number it is.

Richard Dean

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 am

I'm also getting more and more freezes on video as others describe.

Mac pro 2013 , D700 Sierra . The other builds did not exhibit this effect nearly as much though occasionally 12.5 did

Arvids Baranovs

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Just adding to the pool of freezing video cases. Happens on any source material, H.264 or ProRes. Restarting Resolve is the only fix and it works for just a short while. Haven't had this in previous beta releases. Makes working quite impossible.
Arvids
Eaglewood Pictures

David Skok

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 10:18 pm

BUG EXPORTING FOOTAGE THAT IS RETIMED AND STABILIZED

There is a bug in Resolve 14b4 (and earlier beta versions) where if I try exporting footage that has been retimed (faster) and also Stabilized, the export jumps backwards and forwards to the stabilized frame, and then to the unstabilized frames. This only happens when exporting as "Individual Clips". If I export using " "Single Clip", the problem is not present.

To make your life easier finding and fixing this bug, I have recorded a screencast that shows the bug, and provided the clip, and an export of the project. You can use the Timeline in that project called "Export Error".

Here is the screencast:
https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb1vIUl6Hm

Here is the Dropbox folder containing the Project export, and the clip.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zggrsm2w3jcl ... b8Rja?dl=0

(Note that this happens with all clips that have been retimed and stabillized, not just this one.)

I hope this helps!
Best, David

David Skok

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 pm

MORE INFO ON THE PLAYER FREEZE BUG

I have previously reported on the Video Player (which can happen in all the pages, Media, Edit, Color and Deliver). This bug is so SEVERE that I cannot do any work in 14b4, as it will happen within a few minutes of doing any operations. The rest of the UI remains responsive, but video cannot be played or exported. The only fix is to restart Resolve.

Here is some more info for you:

I have two MacBook Pros:
1) slightly older MacBook Pro 15" (late 2016 version, fully maxed out) - running Resolve 14b3
2) brand new MacBook Pro 15" (2017 version, fully maxed out) - running Resolve 14b4

Since 14b is so unstable, I went back to my older machine where I had 14b3 installed, and have been able to work on that without crashes of any kind for hours, on a real project that has 40 mins of UHD video.

The newer machine was created by Migrating the disk from the older machine, i.e. identical software in every way except for the newer version of Resolve (14b4), and slightly updated hardware. On that machine, will see the Video Player window freeze within a few minutes of doing any work on the same identical project.

PLEASE FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AS IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO ANY WORK IN 14b4.

Thanks, David Skok
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve