how to declick audio?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andreas Schampera

how to declick audio?

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm

hi

i have some nasty clicks in sime audio tracks of the video. whats the best way in resolve to get rid of them?

Richard Dean

Re: how to declick audio?

PostSat Jul 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Try going to Fairlight page of you're using the r14 beta and zooming into sample level and then set key frames to fade audio for those clicking samples .

There is plug ins like RX you can buy that should do it automatically .

Daz Wood

Re: how to declick audio?

PostSat Jul 22, 2017 6:06 pm

In Farlight if you zoom in all the way until you can see the sample dots on the amplitude lines of the audio wave you will be able to pull these dots down and lower and volume of the clicks. Be very careful doing this though as when i tried it there is no undo. So my suggestion is save you project first and then edit. If its a suitable edit you can save your project again but if its not working or you mess up then quite Resole without saving and then load the project back up again.

Undo will have to be added at some point to make this usable.
Thank you

Daz
Davinci Resolve Studio Version
ASUS Strix GL702ZC 17" laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (Desktop CPU), 32GB DDR4, Storage 256GB M.2 SSD, 2TB SSD, 4GB RX 580, Win10

Return to DaVinci Resolve