Database Label Already Used?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Del Papa

Database Label Already Used?

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

I am a completely nonplussed. I deleted all my old databases (I think, is it just me or does DR infect your system like a virus?), so I can start a clean, new project. However, when I try to type in a label for the new database, DR gives me an error and says the Database Label is already in use.

Seriously? How can I override this stupid behavior without nuking DR from my system? And no, I do not want to pick a different name.

Chip.Murphy

Re: Database Label Already Used?

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Did you disconnect from the Postgres database in davinci resolve or truly delete it with PGAdmin?

Michael Del Papa

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 11:27 pm

I use Disk dbs, not PostGres. I disconnected from them, then deleted the folder that the old databases were linked to/stored in to clean things up. I haven't done anything to the C:\ProgramData files.

Michael Del Papa

PostMon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 pm

OK, I tried deleting C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database to see what would happen. Still same behavior. Not surprised however because none of the files in the folder had modified dates older than when I installed DR.

So clearly there is a file lurking somewhere in my system that causes this behavior.

EDIT: Finally found it! C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences\dblist.conf

After deleting this file, the problem went away and I now have a "clean" database. Just sharing for anyone else who encounters this problem (and future reference for myself).

PeterMoretti

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 1:40 am

Thanks for sharing that!
Resolve 14.3 Studio. GTX 970 with GeForce 390.77 driver. Desktop Video 10.9.10. Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. Windows 10 Pro.

Return to DaVinci Resolve