Couple of issues in DR14 on CentOS

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Abdelrahman Magdy

Couple of issues in DR14 on CentOS

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 12:25 am

I have encountered a couple of issues while working with DR14 on CentOS.

1) The 'Timeline View Options' doesn't show up in both the Edit and the Fairlight pages. When I click it, nothing happens at all. It was working before, but suddenly it stopped, and I am not sure why. I have restarted Resolve multiple times and tried different projects, and the behavior is the same.

2) When trying to delete timeline markers, if I use the shortcut 'Alt+M', it works fine. However, if I hit 'M' and click 'Remove Marker', Resolve crashes.

I have tried to see if these issues occur on Windows 7 as well, and they are not. So it seems to be a CentOS only issue.
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 16.1.0.055
Fusion Studio version: 9.0.2
CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz Quad-Core
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti 11GB

Abdelrahman Magdy

Re: Couple of issues in DR14 on CentOS

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 7:16 pm

I have tried reinstalling Resolve from scratch, and I still have the same problems. In fact, I have encountered a newer problem. The 'Change Clip Speed' dialog, which was working fine yesterday, now does the same thing as the 'Timeline View Options' where it flashes as if it is going to open, but then closes instantly. Luckily, I still can use the 'Retime Controls'.

Is there anyway I can change the timeline view options until this problem is fixed, or is there something I need to do to get it fixed.

I have attached the logs in case they might help with this problem.
Attachments
log_archive_20170925-201537.tgz
(87.29 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 16.1.0.055
Fusion Studio version: 9.0.2
CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz Quad-Core
RAM: 32GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti 11GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve