DR 14.01 the most stable version ever (for me :))

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Piotr Wozniacki

DR 14.01 the most stable version ever (for me :))

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:55 am

I'd like to congratulate BMD on something truly amazing: going from 12.5 to 14.01, they managed to add so much more stuff to its functionality - and yet, at least on my modest system (details in sig) I didn't have a single crash. Not even one!

Oh, with the exception of occasional crashing on exiting the program, which never corrupted any of my projects. Thumbs up, BMD!

Piotr
AMD TR 2990WX CPU | MSI X399 CARBON AC | 64GB RAM@XMP3200 | 2x RTX 2080Ti GPU | 4x 3TB WD Black RAID0 media drive | 3x 1TB NVMe RAID0 cache drive | SSD SATA system drive | AX1600i PSU | Decklink 12G Extreme | Samsung UHD reference monitor (calibrated)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: DR 14.01 the most stable version ever (for me :))

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback. All the engineering team work tirelessly to make it better ever day. They will be pleased to hear your report.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Jim Simon

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Resolve has had the advantage for color work all along (at least compared to the Adobe lineup). It's nice to see BMD working hard on making the program as competent an NLE as it is a color tool. It's not quite there yet, but I do see Resolve closing the gap with PP as an NLE a LOT faster than Adobe is closing the gap with Resolve for color work.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jack Swart

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 8:56 pm

I am a committed DR Studio user.
Subscription models will only benefit the supplier, not the user.
Never forget who pays the bills.
The customer...

Anyway, DR is heaps better than all the other and will continue to improve.

Switched over 3 years ago and never looked back.

And, yes, 14.01 is super stable on my 2010 Mac Pro.

Finished a 2 hour video of a play, multiple short projects and soon a 4K feature to grade.

Keep up the great work BM.
DR Studio 18.6.3 b19, OS 13.2.1
2023 Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, 128 GB ram
BM 3G ultra studio, 12TB SSDs in raid 0, 16TB HDD backup, 56TB archive server.
Tangent Elements panel, TV logic XVW-245W

Alex Uzan

PostTue Oct 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback. All the engineering team work tirelessly to make it better ever day. They will be pleased to hear your report.

You're right Peter,
we should thank you and your team more often for your incredible work on Davinci Resolve.

But that's not necessary, because I'm confident that your software will become (as it has already started) the best video editor, and the most used in the next years.

A lot of my friends have already been convinced.
And the last ones who use Premiere (and have lost a lot of hair :D ) will rejoin us, I'm sure of it, before christmas.

So thank you again :)

PS : It would be great to create a sticky thread where hobyists could post a link to their videos edited and graded with Resolve :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve