14.0.1 audio routeing / export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dermot Shane

14.0.1 audio routeing / export

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 5:45 pm

i have 10 mono tracks mastered by a top tier sound facility, we do not mess, alter, tweak, pan, anything these tracks;
L/R/C/Lfe/Ls/Rs/LtRt-L/LtRt-R/LtRtME-L/LtRtME-R

i need to exort a Qt with the same 10 tracks in the same order, with absolutly zero changes

in edit page i set 10 mono audio tracks, match timecodes, set the order 1->10 as per delivery spec

in deliver page i set 10 tracks, route timeline track 1 to output track1, timeline track 2 to output track2, untill i get to timeline track 10 set to output track 10

when i render i get a stereo sum of all 10 tracks on 1/2 and silence on 3->10

my answer last night was to render DPX in v14, and create the Qt's on a 12.5.6 system where audio routing is solid, took hours and hours of unbillable time tho

as my dad said "it's not what it you pay for something... it's what it costs you".. this really makes Resolve a costly option to chose to work with....

Peter Cave

Re: 14.0.1 audio routeing / export

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Hi Dermot,

I tried this method last night after reading your comments on the other topic about this issue and it worked perfectly. Is there something else in your setup that could be affecting your output? It is important to be sure that all tracks are set to mono. I found the other topic posts describing the method to be very helpful.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Dermot Shane

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 am

yup., all tracks set to mono

i did test this a while ago, and the mix house was fine with it, this was the first time i was trying for real, it'sa n indie film, and it's not going to QC, so the mix house had agreed to review my master Qt's and DCP, a safeish way to dip one's toe into the water

fortunatly i'm keeping a machine with 12.5.6, and another with DS, so i have a safety net

will try again with a clean project when i get through the day's work...

Dermot Shane

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 3:43 am

updated to 14.1.1 before testing again, and it now seems to be working well, 10ch in = 10ch out

running out a master now, will have the mix house vett it tomorrow, but i expect it to be fine, tone lined up correctly

Return to DaVinci Resolve