Audio choppy and slow on edit timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike Sitton

Audio choppy and slow on edit timeline

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 2:56 am

Good evening I am using Version 14.0.1.008 I had 14.1.1 but went back trying to fix the audio problem.

Everything worked fine until the fall windows 10 update that installed last night.

Now the sound is very slow and choppy on the edit timeline- sounds fine in Fairlight any ideas?

Thank you,
Mike

Charles Bennett

Re: Audio choppy and slow on edit timeline

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 10:23 am

I had a similar problem with the update. In my case not only did it shut down my GPU and would not enable it, it also caused general PC problems as well. The cure was a bit laborious but everything now works. I firstly backed up all my files and folders. Then went to the Recovery tab in Control Panel and selected the option to re-install Windows without removing my files. The downside of this is it does remove any apps that you installed. Having done this it gives you a list on the Desktop of apps that have been removed. It was then just a case of re-installing all the apps I needed. The biggest benefit I have found is that the PC runs better than ever.
Resolve Studio 19.0b build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Return to DaVinci Resolve