Can get my mid-2009 MacBook Pro to run Resolve 9?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

japancat

Can get my mid-2009 MacBook Pro to run Resolve 9?

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

Please help. My production company has bought a new BCCM and will receive DaVince Resolve 9 with it. We're researching buying a new Mac or Hackintosh to work with Resolve, but in the meantime, I have my mid-2009

17" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB NVIDIA
Running MAC OS X Lion 10.7.5

I've gotten around the database issue by setting it to disk, but every time I try to log in, it crashes instantly.
I've updated the CUDA driver to 5.0.37
I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, but I'm stuck with what to do next.

Even if it runs slowly, I'd like to get familiar with the software and interface.

What can I do to get my Mac up and running with Resolve 9?

Steve Edwards

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Can get my mid-2009 MacBook Pro to run Resolve 9?

PostThu Mar 14, 2013 3:19 pm

japancat wrote:Please help. My production company has bought a new BCCM and will receive DaVince Resolve 9 with it. We're researching buying a new Mac or Hackintosh to work with Resolve, but in the meantime, I have my mid-2009

17" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB NVIDIA
Running MAC OS X Lion 10.7.5

I've gotten around the database issue by setting it to disk, but every time I try to log in, it crashes instantly.
I've updated the CUDA driver to 5.0.37
I've uninstalled the software and reinstalled it, but I'm stuck with what to do next.

Even if it runs slowly, I'd like to get familiar with the software and interface.

What can I do to get my Mac up and running with Resolve 9?

Steve Edwards

Couple of things to check:

- Energy saver is switched off (need to use the more powerful GPU)
- You're booted in 64-bit kernel
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

japancat

Re: Can get my mid-2009 MacBook Pro to run Resolve 9?

PostSun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks Rohit! I've got it running great now.

Return to DaVinci Resolve