Question About Trimming - New User And New To PP

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

davidgphoto84

Question About Trimming - New User And New To PP

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 1:08 am

Hello,

I am new to editing video and had a question regarding the trim features in Davinci Resolve Studio 15 when trying to sync to music.

I am trying to edit a home video and sync the cuts to the music I have chosen and the method I am trying to use is to grab the beginning of the clip that I want it to cut to and drag that over to a certain beat. I have noticed that it doesn't pull the whole clip and overwrite the previous clip like I want, but instead the clip I try to pull starts to stretch and the trim I have previously made on it gets pulled right back to how it was prior to any trimming and the last part of the clip stays right where it is instead of moving over to the left like I want it to, so that causes me to run out of clip and the handles turn red.

I apologize if this is confusing to understand, but it is the only way that I know how to explain it.

Thank you for any help!!

Return to DaVinci Resolve