Dual Monitor w/SpaceDesk lockup

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dahai Zhu

Dual Monitor w/SpaceDesk lockup

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 1:50 pm

I have a second laptop attached to my primary laptop via crossover Ethernet cable.
Using SpaceDesk to use that second laptop as a second monitor.
Everything seems to work with other apps I've tested but Resolve just locks up with a blank screen whenever I select:
Workspace -> Dual Screen -> On

This is Resolve 15.1.0.025

I cannot use Windows built-in Dual Screen support through miracast as it is not supported on my second/older monitor.

Both systems are running Windows 10 Professional

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dahai Zhu

Re: Dual Monitor w/SpaceDesk lockup

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 11:22 am

I've saved the Crash file from Davinci Resolve and posted it in my Google drive, since at 80+MB this forum chokes when I try to upload it here.
Hope this helps find a solution to this problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S1wIez ... sp=sharing

P.S. I have been working with the good folks at SpaceDesk support and they have been very active at trying to resolve this issue. However, they have thus far been unable to reproduce this problem using the same graphics drivers and version of Resolve that I am running (both at the most current versions).

Dahai Zhu

Re: Dual Monitor w/SpaceDesk lockup

PostSat Sep 22, 2018 1:45 am

SOLVED!
Disabled startup item SS2UILauncher.exe and that fixed it.
This is apparently a Gaming Headset driver supplied with ASUS ROG computers and it interferes with other dual screen programs as well.
If you're having this issue and don't have SS2UILauncher.exe in your startup, try systematically disabling startup programs to see if any of them are causing this issue.
Cheers!

Return to DaVinci Resolve