DR studio activation key

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Documentlife

DR studio activation key

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi,

I've just downloaded the studio version of DR. I have installed it, and now its asking me for an activation key. I don't recall having been sent an activation key or seen one anywhere.

Can anyone help me out here on where to get one from. I haven't purchased it yet either.

thanks

paul_WCP

Re: DR studio activation key

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 1:21 pm

studio is the paid version. you can purchase the software at many different video retailers.

however there is a free version. for that you would have to download another installer from the download page.

Documentlife

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 1:59 pm

ive downloaded it from black magic themselves, but I didn't see any activation key or a way to pay just downloaded it

Andy Mees

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Hey Dean
There are 2 versions of Davinci Resolve ... a free one (Davinci Resolve) and a paid one (Davinci Resolve Studio).
Anyone can download either of them from the Blackmagic website, but you can only run the 'Studio' version if you have a license key. If your version is asking for a license key that you don't have then you've downloaded the wrong version. You need to either go to a Blackmagic Design retailer (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/resellers/online) or go back to the Blackmagic Design website and download (and install) the free version.
Cheers
Andy

Return to DaVinci Resolve