Which graphic card is the best for MacPro

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Sherman Leung

Which graphic card is the best for MacPro

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 5:29 am

Hello,
I'm using MacPro and I'm looking for two graphic cards combination to run the Davinci Resolve 9 with best performance in MacPro. Is there any recommendation ?

I've heard GTX 570 is good for Davinci and I found other model like GTX 690, is it more faster according to the model number ?

And I found Quadro 4000 as well, is it more faster than the GTX series and how about the performance for the newest Quadro K5000 for MacPro, will it be the ideal graphic card to run Davinci Resolve 9 on MacPro ?

Since there's different types of graphic cards, it's hard to decide which combination is the best, it will be appreciate if anyone give me some suggestions, thank you !

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Which graphic card is the best for MacPro

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Have you looked at the Resolve Mac Config guide? We have some recommendations there, as well as details about card physical size and power requirements that must be considered if you are using 2 graphics cards.

The guide is available on the web site in the Support area, under Mac OS X / DaVinci Resolve / DaVinci Resolve Software.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Claudio Sepulveda

Re: Which graphic card is the best for MacPro

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 pm

the GTX 690 runs the same as 3 x GTX 285's

maybe a couple of nodes extra as well

will need to run externally thogh

you need to be on Mountain Lion too

Return to DaVinci Resolve