Stubborn refusal to run

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

HWJunkie316

Stubborn refusal to run

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 5:08 pm

I had been using Resolve 12 for a while and decided to install Resolve 16 (Free). Uninstalled completely the earlier 12 version, downloaded version 16.1.1 (Windows) from Blackmagicdesign site and installed it on Windows 7 Pro SP1 system. Chose all the options in the install screen. Install went without a hitch. When I tried to run, I get a window with the message "The procedure entry point DeleteCriticalSection could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll". Uninstalled and reinstalled the same but still exactly the same error. I have Intensity Pro 4K installed. System W7 Pro, 16M Ram, installed drive as well as OS Drive are 1 TB SSD, Data drives are 6TB each, two numbers.

No issues running Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2020 as well as other Suite components and as I had mentioned earlier, no issues while running Resolve 12.

I want to evaluate the free version prior to buying the Studio version. Please help.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Stubborn refusal to run

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 7:29 pm

It’s not designed to run on W7.

You need a clean install of w10
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve