Live Save preventing contextual menus from staying open

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mel Matsuoka

Live Save preventing contextual menus from staying open

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 11:00 pm

I've been noticing that when I right-click on keyframes in the Color page Keyframes panel, that the contextual menu will close by itself after a second or two of it being open. This is driving me batty, because it often closes before I have a chance to select "Change Dynamic Attributes". From a UI perspective, there is absolutely no good reason for a contextual menu to dismiss itself if there is no action taken by the user after having invoked it. But if you are going to do that, at the very least make the "timeout" duration user configurable, as the current default is way too fast.

Here's a screen capture of this occurring on my R16.1.1 (macOS 10.13.6)

https://d.pr/v/Uzsudn
Last edited by Mel Matsuoka on Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Peter Cave

Re: Keyframes Panel: Contextual Menu not staying open

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 4:23 am

I don't see this issue on Mac OSX Resolve 16.0
Resolve 18.6.5 Mac OSX 14.4 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Mel Matsuoka

Re: Live Save preventing contextual menus from staying open

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 6:51 am

I think I figured out the problem, and it's super wierd. This only happens when "Live Save" is enabled. And it ONLY appears to affect the Color page.

In the following screencapture, you can see that disabling Live Save causes the contextual menu to stay active, as is normally expected.

However, when you enable Live Save again after having disabled it, and you open the contextual menu again, it will continue to stay open. However, once you force a project Save, the menu starts closing by itself again!

This occurs in every contextual menu on the Color page (and not just the Keyframes panel, as I originally posted). It does not appear to affect the Edit page, however.
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20191112-203948.zip
(706.79 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Jim Simon

Re: Live Save preventing contextual menus from staying open

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm

I don't see this happening in any version of Resolve for Windows.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve