Fusion Macro default length?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

discmeister

Fusion Macro default length?

PostThu Jan 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm getting to grips with Resolve and Fusion now and really starting to see the benefits having switched from Adobe. One thing I've been trying to do is to create a template for lower thirds that can just be dragged and dropped onto subsequent timelines. I think the best way to do this is a Macro from Fusion, with text fields ticked as 'adjustable' so that I can alter the content but not the lower third animation and frame positioning etc.

However, while my Fusion clip that I've used to create the Macros is seven seconds and 08 frames long, when I drag the title preset created from that clip onto a subsequent timeline it defaults to a duration of five seconds - forcing me to extend the composition in the timeline every time to the point where the lower third leaves the screen. Is there a way of saving the duration of the Macro so it's the correct length? Or is it perhaps a default clip setting somewhere in the depths of Resolve that I haven't discovered yet?

Hope someone can help to clarify.

Kind regards to all,

Discy

Return to DaVinci Resolve