Issues with Mini Panel 1.3.2 Updated

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

uskiwisean

Issues with Mini Panel 1.3.2 Updated

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Mini Panel firmware update 1.3.2 (needed for Resolve 16.1.2) and backwards capability with versions Resolve 15.

I had to update my panel to use at a studio that was already on 16.1.2, but now when I go back to studios still on 15.3.1 I am having response issues. Specifically with the 8 knobs controlling the curves functions. Hue vs Hue, Hue vs Sat.... any function that needs those knobs after the first use is extremely delayed 10+ seconds and can freeze up the panel. Most other function on the panel work fine if I do not use those 8 knobs. On 16.1.2 everything is working smoothly.

Has anyone else had these issue, I've been told by BM that I cannot downgrade my panel. I've tried installing old software to downgrading to panel firmware 1.2 but do not have the option in the panels app.
Davinci Resolve
Flanders Monitor
Mini Panel
Threadripper 1950x
Dual 1080tis
64 GB 2999mhz DDR4 Ram

Marc Wielage

Re: Issues with Mini Panel 1.3.2 Updated

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 4:07 am

uskiwisean wrote:Has anyone else had these issue, I've been told by BM that I cannot downgrade my panel. I've tried installing old software to downgrading to panel firmware 1.2 but do not have the option in the panels app.

That is correct. You couldn't downgrade from Resolve 15 to Resolve 14.5 panel software, either. I wish BMD would come out with a standalone "Panel Firmware Utility" that would allow changing panel firmware on the fly, but they seem unable or unwilling to do so.

It would be possible to use a third-party panel like the Tangent Elements or Wave/Wave2 with any Resolve version, but those don't have all the features of the Mini panel. They do work on a dozen different kinds of software, so there is that.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve